Monday, March 22, 2010

Tuesday Teaser: Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
*****************

Mouse and Dragon
by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
Publication: Baen Books (June 15, 2010
What I have learned is -- mark me now! -- life is not safe. Random action threatens us all. The choices we have are between fear and boldness, between joy and terror. If at all possible, I believe it is necessary to choose joy. One may survive no longer, nor ever be safe, but one's life will be worth living.
This is a re-read for me. I keep finding more in it to think about and to love. I am reading the eARC available from Baen Books.


18 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds very interesting. I like the cover too. Is it sci fi?

    Heres mine
    http://pageturnersbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-portait-of-lady-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had to read that one twice! Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep an eye out for it when it's released. My library's pretty good about getting new science fiction. My teaser is from Un Lun Dun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting and thought provoking teaser. I am all for choosing joy whenever possible. Your teaser makes me want to know more, well done. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-songbird-under-german.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great teaser!

    www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true. Love the teaser enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very panicky and fraught. Good teaser!

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds deep! Glad you are enjoying it so much. Have a great week and happy reading! Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one. This is a new to me book -- I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser and must be good if you're re-reading. My teasers are at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now there's food for thought! I've never read any of the Liaden Universe books, but I'm tempted now.

    My teaser is over @ Stuff & Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an award waiting for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that teaser. I also tend to believe it!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting teaser. I haven't heard of this book, but I will definitely have to look for it. I love books that get better when you re-read them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am loving the title. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is not my usual genre, but your teaser has me curious!

    Here's mine:
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesday-and-clue-number-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!