It's Monday, What are you reading is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
I had a mostly YA reading week this week. I managed to read three books that I had for review and two from the stacks.
My review books were
- Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. This was an eARC from NetGalley. It was a very nice paranormal that reminded me a lot of the first seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My review is here. Look for the book on Feb. 15.
- Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann is a mystery that creeps over the edge into horror but isn't too scary for younger young adults. The main character has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that causes problems but also lets her solve the mystery. My review is here. Look for the book on Feb. 8.
- You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin was a mystery written like the old noir movies. The main character is a 17-year-old hard boiled detective. The story is rife with double crosses and triple crosses. It is also wildly satiric and humorous in a black humor sort of way. My review is scheduled for Jan. 27. Look for the book on Feb. 1.
These were from my stack (also known as TBR Mountain).
- Hexbound by Chloe Neill is her second book in her Dark Elite series. This one is action packed. It is a paranormal boarding school story. My review is here.
- Awakened by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast is the eighth in the House of Night series. It was a good entry into the series and will be gobbled up by fans. There was lots of danger and excitement. My review will be posted on Jan. 26.
I am currently switching up and reading a book from my adult stacks. Blood Challenge by Eileen Wilks is the seventh in her World of the Lupi series. I really like these urban fantasy stories with werewolves. dragons, and others with paranormal abilities.
Next week is completely undecided at this time. I haven't read anything on my Kindle for a while. I have some great 2011 Young Adult Debut Author books on the stack. My adult stacks are tall enough to be in danger of toppling over too. I'll just have to wait and see what kind of mood I'm in.
That was my week. What was your week like?