Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This teaser is from The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook. It is a steampunk mystery/romance. I am fascinated with the world that Brook has created. 


My teaser:
But only the stars above knew where Andrew was, and instead she had the damned Iron Duke, and a ramshackle coach that dipped and creaked alarmingly as he stepped inside, as if four men had boarded instead of just one. He seated himself beside her, and began watching her again, lord of all he bleeding surveyed--and taking up more room than any man had a right to.

15 comments:

  1. I've heard such good things about The Iron Duke, I really want to read it! Great teaser! This week my teaser is from Paranormalcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately want to read this book!! THanks for sharing You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teaser! I need to check this book out..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Mine comes from a new Swedish crime novel that is being released in the US today: Three Seconds by Roslund and Hellstrom. Here's the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm . . . I don't even know what steampunk means. I'll have to go to some urban dictionary website to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted to read this one since November.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good teaser! Makes me think I should give some steampunk a try. Or maybe just collect the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so does he take over her side completely and ... hmmm I think she doth protest too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so happy I read this! It'll go great with one of my challenges. Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. Mine is from Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome teaser! Sounds like a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOT! Great choice :) I have heard this is a great Steampunk when I was asking where I should start if I was going to read a Steampunk novel!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!