Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August Reading Report

I did lots of reading in August as my summer vacation wound its way to the end. I took part in the second round of the #summerthrowdown and, while I did my part, the teachers managed to out read us librarians -- which was only fair since we "won" the first round. 

Personally I read 29 books in August for a total of 9498 pages. You can see my reading spreadsheet here. I read 13 books from my review stack, 14 ebooks, 12 romances and 16 mysteries. This month I began to re-read the In Death series by J. D. Robb and finished the first eleven books in the series. 
Besides the In Death books, my favorite adult reads of the month were Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews and Biting Cold by Chloe Neill. My favorite young adult book this month was Darkbeast by Morgan Keyes. 

According to LibraryThing, I added 62 books to my stack this month. I attended two author signings (Tate Hallaway and Heather Anastasiu) in August and have 5 new autographed books. 
Me with Heather Anastasiu
Tate Hallaway and me
I got 17 review books this past month. 40 of the books I got are still marked TBR. My total number of books marked "to read" is 1394. 

What was your month like? What was your favorite book?

1 comment:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!