Friday, February 15, 2013

Jess Macallan's Guest Post


Thanks so much for having me at Inside of a Dog today! I’m celebrating the release of the second book in my Set in Stone series, STONE COLD REVENGE, and I’m thrilled to share it with readers.


Sharing books is something I take seriously. I've discovered some of my favorite authors through the recommendations of friends. I also share books with my grandma and aunt, many of which get passed around to my grandma’s bridge friends. (For the record, my grandma obtained the 50 Shades of Gray trilogy from someone else—it was a little different than the historicals and romantic suspense I usually send her way *winks*). I suppose you could say I’m the family librarian.


The book sharing I enjoy most is at my children’s elementary school library. I've been volunteering there a few days a week for the past two years. I love reading to the kids and helping them find a new series or author they loved. I remember how magical books were as a child, and in this era of video games and the mind-blowing special effects in movies, books have stiff competition for kids’ attention and time. Thankfully, there’s an endless supply of talented YA/MG authors to keep them entertained. I've even had a few teachers sneak in after classes are done to get a list of new authors to try on their weekends.


I can’t recall what turned me on to reading at a young age, but it’s a lifelong habit I hope to foster in my kids. The fact that they can’t escape the stacks of books and overflowing shelves in our house also helps. Now I just need to convince my husband there’s more than one good reason for my book obsession.


My reading tastes have changed and expanded as I've gotten older, and there are few genres I don’t read. Thanks to my writer/reader friends, I have enough book recommendations to last for years. There’s something amazing about bonding with people over books. Stories hold characters and worlds and ideas we can all relate to. I even use books to support, inspire, and cheer friends up when needed.

What books have you shared with the people in your life recently? I've gifted The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho, and suggested Maria Snyder’s Study and Glass series to a few friends. Helping someone find a story that gives them that much needed escape between the pages is priceless. I hope you’ll read and share Stone Cold Revenge with your friends.


Thanks again for having me on the blog today! I love to chat with readers, and hope you’ll connect with me on | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | JessMacallan |


About Jess Macallan

Jess lives in the Inland Northwest with her husband and three children. She thrives on creative chaos. Curiosity drives her to try new things as often as possible. When not writing or chasing trouble, she teaches yoga, writing classes, reads, experiments with new recipes, and gardens. The only things she takes seriously are chocolate, tea and world domination. But mostly chocolate.


I want to thank Jess for taking the time to stop by and share with my readers. You can see my review of Stone Cold Revenge tomorrow. You can check here for my review of Stone Cold Seduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!