Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Released by Amber Polo

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week comes from Released: The Shapeshifters' Library (Volume 1) by Amber Polo. This was pitched to me by the author. I couldn't resist the idea of shapeshifting librarians and book-burning werewolves. Here is the description:
Something is very wrong in Shipsfeather... Welcome to the strange and wonderful world of Shipsfeather, Ohio, where an ancient race of dog-shifters has been charged with cataloging the knowledge of the world, and with protecting civilization’s libraries from the machinations of evil, book burning werewolves. For years a curse has imprisoned the dog-shifters in the basement of the Shipsfeather library—where they have made the best of things with a gym, a spa, a Starbarks, and, of course, their wildly successful internet company, Zoogle—but now, thanks to librarian Liberty Cutter and her zany staff, they may actually have a chance to break free again. If only they can convince her to believe in magic…
Teaser:
He moved to the fiction section, hopeful Griswald's new system couldn't possibly affect the order of Canine Fiction. Most of these stories were written by human authors on drug-induced highs or teenagers creating imaginary worlds to exorcise their sexual cravings. The gratuitous sex bordering on bestiality was pretty silly. Did they really think shapeshifters did it that way? Inventive, but stupid.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting cover. Not sure I'm sold on the teaser though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Nice tease! Haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teaser is interesting, but I think this book is too much fantasy for me (^_^;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover. I haven't heard of this book before.

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree -- the idea of shapeshifting librarians is pretty irresistible. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!