Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (Feb. 23, 2014)

Tynga of Team Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

Only one book followed me home this week but I am very excited to finally have it.

Concealed in Death by J. D. Robb is the 38th book in the In Death series. I ordered my copy on Dec. 13 and had to wait until this week for the book to be released. Here is the description:
The incomparable J. D. Robb presents the latest moving and suspenseful novel in the #1 New York Times–bestselling Eve Dallas series.

In a decrepit, long-empty New York building, Lieutenant Eve Dallas’s husband begins the demolition process by swinging a sledgehammer into a wall. When the dust clears, there are two skeletons wrapped in plastic behind it. He summons his wife immediately—and by the time she’s done with the crime scene, there are twelve murders to be solved.

The place once housed a makeshift shelter for troubled teenagers, back in the mid-2040s, and Eve tracks down the people who ran it. Between their recollections and the work of the force’s new forensic anthropologist, Eve begins to put names and faces to the remains. They are all young girls. A tattooed tough girl who dealt in illegal drugs. The runaway daughter of a pair of well-to-do doctors. They all had their stories. And they all lost their chance for a better life.

Then Eve discovers a connection between the victims and someone she knows. And she grows even more determined to reveal the secrets of the place that was called The Sanctuary—and the evil concealed in one human heart.
What did you add to your shelf this week?

11 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I just got 1 book this week as well! But next week's going to be a lot different! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's on my wish list. Just waiting for my turn to come up at the library. I think I am 23rd on the list but they do have multiple copies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to tell my stepmom about this, and a friend of mine who loves this author as well. Thanks for sharing, as well as stopping by my STS as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading In Death series a while back but never went past 3 or 4 books, so I'll restart it again soon.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of picking up a J.D. Robb, but I decided against it. Enjoy your read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very good, and a little mysterious too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you got Concealed In Death! I am currently behind and playing catch up.

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first book in this series, but I haven't had the time to read the next million. :) I do want to give it a go at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this, but it sounds great. I hoe you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've heard of it, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love J D Robb. Cannot go wrong with one of her books. Thanks for stopping in at fundinmental.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!