Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Shame on You by Tara Sivec

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...come on, why aren't you guys saying this with me?" Paige McCarty complains. She cocks her gorgeous blonde head to the side and stares us down with her big, crystal-blue eyes.
This week my teaser comes from Shame on You by Tara Sivec. I got this eARC from review from Montlake Romance. Here is the description:
War veteran Kennedy O’Brien is in the business of sticking it to the man—or at least any man who tries to cross a woman. After she returned home from Afghanistan and caught her husband in bed with the nanny, Kennedy lost her faith in men and started Fool Me Once Investigations with her two best friends. After all, there’s no better bounty hunter than a woman scorned.

When Kennedy takes a case to slap cuffs on a bail jumper turned dog-napper, she figures it’ll be an easy paycheck. But trouble has a way of finding Kennedy. Enter the last man on the planet she’d willingly choose as a partner: her cheating ex-husband’s best friend, Griffin Crawford.

As gorgeous as he is unwelcome, Griffin has always had a thing for Kennedy, and after keeping quiet about her ex’s cheating, he’ll do anything to earn back her trust. Whether or not she wants to admit it, Kennedy will need help as the case of the Chihuahua thief spirals out of control. Griffin may be just her man—in more ways than one.

12 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I would've picked up this book in a store but the blurb sounds rather interesing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, the Chihuahua thief, that's just amazing!! Sounds like a really fun plot, despite the cover not being what I'd normally go for! Thanks for sharing and stopping by :) Hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. Thanks for the tease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that teaser today. Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well,I do love feisty women and she sounds like one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fun. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Said it a few times myself. Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser! I've heard great things about this series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!