Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Memes: Bengal's Quest by Lora Leigh

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Bengal's Quest by Lora Leigh. This is the 30th book in her Breeds series. I have been following along for quite a while. Here is the description from Amazon:
He was a shadow, ever shifting and insinuating, able to blend in everywhere and anywhere. The elusive ideal conceived and created by the Genetics Council, he went by just as many names as he had identities—the last one being Gideon.

Now calling himself Graeme, he hides in plain sight, terrifyingly close to his goal. A rogue Bengal Breed, he has loyalties to no one but himself. And he has a need for vengeance that surges hot and swift through his veins.

Graeme plans to exact an extreme and ruthless vendetta against those who wronged him—Breed and human alike. All will suffer his wrath: those who created him, those who pretended to love him, and those who betrayed him.

That includes the one at the center of it all: a seductive, enigmatic woman helpless against the man whose desire is just as desperate as his need to destroy.

And he’s on her scent…
Beginning:
Cat stared at the white walls of the cell she'd grown up in and she cried. She hadn't cried in a long time.

It hurt G when she cried, so she'd stopped crying when she was scared, when she was five. She was twelve now, and unless the therapies just hurt so bad she couldn't stand it anymore, she didn't cry.
Friday 56: 
He could see her face, so stark and pale, her eyes filled with bitterness, and felt his chest clench at the knowledge of the pain he'd caused her.

8 comments:

  1. I don't know where I've been but I'm not familiar with the Breeds series, which is strange because it sounds like a series I'd enjoy. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have heard of this series but omg 30 books!! eesh that is a lot...lol.

    Stormi
    Friday memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another new series for me! This one does sound intense and intriguing. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “HOUSE OF GLASS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series, thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't a series I've come across before but it sounds like it's one that really hooks you emotionally. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. emotional chest clenching in guys gets me every time lol My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  7. With 30 books in this series, I'm shocked I haven't heard of it. I like a girl who feels!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/18/the-friday-56-78-the-flip/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gripped by the fact she grew up in a cell. Like, wow.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!