Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Memes: Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I an spotlighting Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent. This fantasy has been on my TBR mountain since Aug. 31, 2011. Here is the description from Amazon:
By blood, by word, by magic…

Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special—a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood.

Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one.

But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her.

Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Liv is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner…every touch…every kiss.

And more blood will be spilled before it's over…
Beginning:
Only two-thirty in the morning, and I already had blood on my hands. The most messed-up part of that? It was the hour that bothered me.
Friday 56: 
"My marriage is complicated," he whispered into my ear, his cheek brushing mine. "She punishes me, I punish her, and the cycle continues."

"What do you punish each other for?"

"For living."

2 comments:

  1. I like Rachel Vincent books so I think this will fall right along with the rest for me. :-)
    I added this to the Linky too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. And it sounds like the protagonist is a bit more mature. I like the sounds of it and will be checking it out. Always happy when I discover a new author.

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/25/a-tiny-metal-horse-nuzzled-her-hand-the-friday-56-79-mechanica/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!