Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Death on the Sapphire by R. J. Koreto

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"I understand you are here about a crime. I hope your ladyship has not been a victim."

"Not at all, but thank you for your concern." She smiled. "I am here about a family friend, Major Daniel Colcombe, who died in an accident about two months back. It seems an important manuscript of his was stolen from his house shortly after his death."
This week my teaser comes from Death on the Sapphire by R. J. Koreto. I got this debut mystery from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
An extraordinary woman living in extraordinary times, Lady Frances Ffolkes is an Edwardian-era suffragette who has an uncanny ability to attract danger and romance.

When Major Colcombe, a family friend and war veteran, dies under mysterious circumstances, the good Lady discovers that he was working on a manuscript about South Africa’s bloody Boer War, which reportedly revealed a scandalous mistake that cost many innocent lives. Now, it’s up to Frances and her loyal lady's maid, June Mallow, to track down the missing manuscript and bring the killer to justice. Despite kerfuffles with Scotland Yard and the British Secret Service, Frances never backs down and finds herself in several very unfortunate positions--and one very fortunate love triangle.

Death on the Sapphire is R. J. Koreto's witty and winsome debut of a series that is sure to be fan favorite for years to come.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect for my summer reading list. I need to read outside my normal genres. Great cover too!

    Thanks for stopping by for my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a delightful mystery. I love the word "kerfuffles."
    My Tuesday post features LA VIE EN ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm R.J. Koreto, the author of "Death on the Sapphire." This is my first novel. Thank you for choosing my book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I like the cover. It has a steampunk feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I like the sound of this one! Edwardian ladies kicking ass and solving crime is soooo up my alley! I hope you enjoy it :) and thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that sounds like the start of a good mystery read! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't a book that I would normally pick up, but it looks like there's a good mystery to happen inside the covers. I like that little snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, sounds interesting! Hope you're enjoying the book(:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good mystery, and this one looks intriguing! Happy Reading - and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good historical mystery. This sounds like it will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!