Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
It was something in the voice itself, a hollow ring where the kernel of truth ought to have been. Geoff could hear it the way an accomplished singer could pick out the difference between an A flat and a B sharp.

Every instinct he possessed screamed that Letty Alsworthy was lying.
This week I grabbed a book from TBR mountain. The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig is the third book in the Pink Carnation series and was purchased Dec. 21, 2010. Here is the description from Amazon:
Eloise Kelly has gotten into quite a bit of trouble since she started spying on the Pink Carnation and the Black Tulip-two of the deadliest spies to saunter the streets of nineteenth-century England and France.

Not only has she unearthed secrets that will rearrange history, she's dallied with Colin Selwick and sought out a romantic adventure all her own. Little does she know that she's about to uncover another fierce heroine running headlong into history.

7 comments:

  1. That's an excellent teaser, and a lovely cover! I remember hearing about this series a few years back, but haven't read any of the books yet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read another of Lauren Willig's books last year and just loved it. I would like to try more by her. This one sounds good!


    I shared my teaser for Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh interesting!! That sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the other day where someone had picked up the first book in this series long ago not knowing it was a romance or historical about flowers or what and loved it. I loved this author in The Forgotten Room, so I say keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!