Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Memes: Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
No one could've predicted this moment in time.
Friday 56:
From the private diaries of Father Xavier Perez, July 8, 2073

Nina,

I'm sitting surrounded by the phantom image of what was once our village.
This week I am reading Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh. This is the 15th book in this urban fantasy series. Here is the description from Amazon:
A staggering transformation has put the Psy, humans, and changelings at a crossroads. The Trinity Accord promises a new era of cooperation between disparate races and groups. It is a beacon of hope held together by many hands: old enemies, new allies, wary loners.

But a century of distrust and suspicion can't be so easily forgotten, and it threatens to shatter Trinity from within at any moment. As rival members vie for dominance, chaos and evil gather in the shadows and a kidnapped woman's cry for help washes up in San Francisco, while the Consortium turns its murderous gaze toward a child who is the embodiment of change, of love, of piercing hope: a child who is both Psy...and changeling.

To find the lost and protect the vulnerable - and to save Trinity - no one can stand alone. This is a time of loyalty across divisions, of bonds woven into the heart and the soul, of heroes known and unknown standing back to back and holding the line. But is an allegiance of honor even possible with traitors lurking in their midst?

14 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoy sci fi and fantasy. Hope you love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice snippets. Hope you enjoy the book.

    Here's my Friday read - Anxiety for Beginners by Eleanor Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting book. The part about a murderous gaze toward a child representing change made me think of Jesus and how Herod was after Him.

    Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good series to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not read this author yet but heard a lot of good things about her.

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so behind on reading this series - I almost think I might have to start over...sigh...I do like the beginning and the premise of this installment though - Thanks for visiting my Friday meme earlier

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have I never heard of this series before?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been really wanting to try this author and this series though I didn't realize there were 15 books! I need to get reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been noticing this author...and while I am not a Sci-Fi fan, I am curious. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “MYSTIC SUMMER”

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't often read sci-fi, but this sounds like a good story with interesting characters. I'd read this book.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
    Sandy @ TEXAS TWANG

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great 56. I really want to read this author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never read this author's books and have seen so many bloggers who love them. I do love that beginning line and the opener, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!