Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Memes: Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Thursday, Mid-October

A bead of sweat rolled down Deputy Mattie Cobb's face beneath the plastic guard on her helmet.
Friday 56:
Rainbow intercepted her as she started past the dispatcher's desk, holding out a paper bag. "Here's a sandwich and some fruit for you to eat for lunch on your way up, and there's a bottle of water in there, too." Mattie could see the distress in her face. "Take care of yourself out there. I don't want you to get lost, too."
This week I am reading Stalking Ground by Margaret Mizushima. This is the second in her Timber Creek K-9 Mystery series. Here is the description from Amazon:
When Deputy Ken Brody's sweetheart goes missing in the mountains outside Timber Creek, Mattie Cobb and her K-9 partner Robo are called to search. But it's mid-October and a dark snow storm is brewing over the high country. And they're already too late. By the time they find her body, the storm has broken and the snow is coming down hard.

While Brody hikes down to bring back the forensics team and veterinarian Cole Walker gathers supplies to protect them from the storm, Mattie and Robo find themselves alone, guarding the gravesite overnight in the dead of the early winter. And that's only the first long, dark night in a series of them, because as their investigation develops, Mattie, Robo, Brody, and Cole find themselves in the middle of the killer's stalking ground--where the hunters have just become the hunted.

An effortlessly engrossing read filled with tension, excitement, and heart, Stalking Ground, the second in Margaret Mizushima's lauded debut series, will send a chill down every reader's spine. 

13 comments:

  1. Now this needs to be on my reading list. Loving the sound of it. And that cover is good too!

    My Friday 56 from Bloodmark

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description of the weather and the cover are chilling--omens of things to come. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this one sounds intense...and impossible to put down. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds thrilling and potentially a perfect read for October! Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds interesting. Thank for mentioning it. Enjoy your current read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know where they are going and if they will get lost or not. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a thrilling read! I certainly hope the dog survives ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this series around and I really want to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this one is going on my list. Thanks for sharing this hope you enjoy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I got here so late - but this looks like a very good read. Thanks for sharing and for the visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!