It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
Other Than Reading...
The first week of school is under my belt and I have had a chance to meet all my new classes. Everything went great. I just wish the "honeymoon period" would last all semester. I really like this semester's schedule which has me finishing my work day at 11:30 AM.
I am all nicely settled in back here at home. I have begun my purging in anticipation of moving next June by going through just one closet of clothes I seldom wear. I brought a load of bags to the Salvation Army this week. I have also begun listing what foods I have in my freezer and cupboards both to refresh my memory about what I already have and to keep track of what I use. I'm hoping to not buy still another can or jar of something I already have.
Read Last Week
Home by Harlan Coben for review. I happened to be reading this compelling mystery at the same time the body of an 11-year-old boy who disappeared 27 years ago was found finally bringing closure to his family. There were so many echoes between the book and real life. My review will be posted on September 24 for this September 20 release.
I also read Apprentice in Death by J. D. Robb - the 42nd in this series. This one is a "read upon arrival" book for me. The review won't show up on this blog until November 9 but you can see what I thought at Amazon, GoodReads, and LibraryThing right now.
I read A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas which re-imagines Sherlock Holmes this time with a disgraced Victorian lady in the Sherlock role. This was an excellent mystery that begins a series. My review will be posted on October 20.
Death Among Rubies by R. J. Koreto which is the second Lady Frances Ffolkes mystery. It will be released on October 11.
- Something Buried, Something Blue by Wendy Staub Corsi (Oct. 11)
- IQ by Joe Ide (Oct. 18) - I think this is the 3rd week that this one has been on this list. Other books just keep jumping in front of it.
- The Passion of the Purple Plumeria by Lauren Willig
- Hard to Hold by Katie Rose
- Project Elfhome by Wen Spencer
- Path of Fate by Diana Pharaoh Francis was a Kindle Deal.
- Apprentice in Death by J. D. Robb is an auto-buy series for me.
- Something Buried, Something Blue by Wendy Staub Corsi
- Death of a Toy Soldier by Barbara Early
- Death Among Rubies by R. J. Koreto