It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
Other Than Reading...
Last week was a quiet, rainy week. I was busy watching the final games of the Atlanta Braves baseball season and the first week of The Voice. I also had an eye exam and picked out new glasses. For the first time since I began wearing glasses at age 10, my vision was better than the previous exam. I am still very nearsighted but just about did my happy dance in the eye doctor's office. Other than driving 13 miles home from my eye exam with very dilated pupils, my week was drama free.
Next week looks more exciting. I will be driving up to Duluth after work on Tuesday so that I can attend the Celtic Thunder concert at the DECC. I took Wednesday off because I had no desire to drive 4 hours back Tuesday night after the concert. I'll be eager to catch up with my brother on new house stuff since I have only had one email from him since school began. I plan to bring a basket load of towels, etc. to begin moving in. To the best of my knowledge right now the only thing in the new house is a lawn chair that I left there on Sept. 3 so that I had something to sit on while I was cleaning.
Read Last Week
Death of a Toy Soldier by Barbara Early was a nice cozy mystery from Crooked Lane Books. My review will be posted on October 15 for this Oct. 11 release.
Cast in Flight by Michelle Sagara was also a review book. This is the latest in her Chronicles of Elantra series and was the usual complex fantasy. I am totally hooked on this series. My review will be posted on October 22 for this Oct. 25 release.
Only You by Denise Grover Swank was a cute romance that begins a new trilogy. It was filled with quirky characters who all wanted a say in the main characters' romance. My review will be posted on October 26 for this Oct. 25 release.
Stealing Jason Wilde by Dee Ernst sounds like it will be a fun, light read.
- Once a Gypsy by Danica Winters - an urban fantasy coming out Nov. 1
- Shadow of Victory by David Weber - the latest in the Honor Harrington series coming out Nov. 1 and weighing in at 768 pages
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews - an auto-buy for me
- The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst - a keeper copy since I read an ARC for review
- Forgive Me by Daniel Palmer - an impulse buy after reading about it on someone's blog
- Explosive Forces by D. D. Ayres - I was invited to read this Nov. 1 release at NetGalley
- Shadow of Victory by David Weber - I got this one from Baen Books at Edelweiss when I learned it was being released Nov. 1