Monday, October 14, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 14, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a pretty nice fall week. The leaves are really changing color now. I just saw that some places in Northern Minnesota got a dusting of snow last night. As far as I'm concerned, it can wait a month or two to snow here. I'm good with puffy flakes on Christmas Eve and an early Spring. 

My medical tests this week were inconclusive. Apparently, whatever is going on is not Crohn's flareup which is good news but there are still questions to be answered. The good part is that I am feeling much better except for the cough that just won't go away. 

I spent a lot of the week listening to the Tinker series by Wen Spencer. However, the newest is not yet an audiobook which means that I need to read this one with my eyes - all 530 pages of it. I could wait until the audiobook appears, but Harbinger ended on such a cliffhanger that I just have to finish the series. I also used on Audible Credit to get Rebel, the next in David Weber and Richard Fox's Ascent to Empire series even though I already have a copy on my Kindle. The audiobook is 22 hours and 38 minutes long! I'll probably do a combination read/listen for that one. 

Those Currently Reading books are each at 11% complete which means that I might be reading them most of the coming week. I do have the next six on my calendar listed for next week but don't know how many I will actually get to this week. 

Even though my Braves are out of the playoffs, I'm still watching a lot of baseball in the run-up to the World Series. Baseball season is my favorite part of the year, and I really miss having games to watch during the long winter months. 

Read Last Week
  • The Gardener's Plot by Deborah J. Benoit (Review; November 5) -- Debut mystery stars a woman coming home to make a new start. The Master Gardener discovers a body in one of the beds of the new community gardens and has to search for a missing friend. My review will be posted on November 2.
  • An Ace and a Pair by Blake Banner (Mine since November 3, 2018) -- First in a series that introduces a veteran police officer and his new partner as they are assigned to the cold crimes division. My review will be posted on October 31.
  • Out in the Cold by Steve Urszenyi (Review; November 12) -- Second Alex Martel thriller. Alex needs to stop a war in this alternate future thriller. My review will be posted on November 5.
  • Burn This Night by Alex Kenna (Review; November 12) -- Contemporary mystery with flashbacks to an earlier crime. My review will be posted on November 7.
  • Burning Water by Mercedes Lackey (Audiobook) -- First Diana Tregarde urban fantasy mystery. My review will be posted on November 7.
  • Wood Sprites by Wen Spencer (Audiobook Reread)
  • All's Fair in Love and Treachery by Celeste Connally (Review; November 12) -- Second Lady Petra Regency mystery. Entertaining story with a heroine prone to jumping to conclusions. My review will be posted on November 6.
  • Harbinger by Wen Spencer (Audiobook Reread)
Currently
  • Rebel by David Weber & Richard Fox (Audiobook; Mine)
  • Storm Furies by Wen Spencer (Mine; Reread)
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

5 comments:

  1. Praying you get some answers on what's going on soon. I'm with you--too early for snow. Your books sound great. The Gardener's Plot caught my eye. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking books! I love seeing the Christmas books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sorry the doctor has no answers yet. Hopefully they can figure it out soon. Your books look great. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, but wish the doctors had more answers for you as well. Hope the cough clears up soon!

    Nice lineup of reads! All new to me ones here but I hope you enjoy your picks for this week!



    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're able to get some rest with that lingering cough. I had one that lasted over six weeks last winter. Your book list looks enticing! A Legend in the Baking and Star-Crossed Egg Tarts have gone onto my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!