Monday, October 28, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 28, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another excellent fall week. Temperatures were pleasant. Most of the fall colors are gone here and the trees are looking a little bare. 

I had a great reading and listening week since I had to wait until Friday for more baseball games. The World Series has been exciting so far and I like that the Dodgers have a two-game lead. I'll be having a quiet Sunday as my Vikings played football last Thursday night and the next World Series game isn't until Monday night. Maybe I'll be able to finish my current audiobook while setting up posts for December on my blog. 

I've decided that December is going to be "read what you got in 2024" month and filled my calendar with (relatively) recent arrivals. Since as of today, I still have 147 unread 2024 titles, this seemed like a way to lower the TBR stack some. Of course, I have 2501 books in my To Read collection at LibraryThing some dating back to 2009, so I won't be making much of a dent. But a dent is a dent.

I'm looking forward to trick or treaters this week since Halloween is just around the corner. I also have an appointment for a blood draw later in the week. And I have all the end of the month things to do for my blog. 

My brother and I just did some meal planning for the week. We have today, Monday and Tuesday's dinners figured out. Then I'm on my own for dinners until his next day off on Saturday. There should be leftovers from our already planned meals unless I decide to get creative. 

Read Last Week
  • Madrigals and Mayhem by Elizabeth Penney (Review; November 26) -- Fourth in the Cambridge Bookshop mystery series. My review will be posted on November 19.
  • Children of the Night by Mercedes Lackey (Kindle and Audible Plus) -- This is the second book in the Diana Tregarde Urban Fantasy series. My review will be posted on November 14.
  • Murder at Keyhaven Castle by Clara McKenna (Audiobook; Mine since July 25, 2023) -- This is the third Stella and Lyndy historical mystery. My review will be posted on November 19.
  • Jinx High by Mercedes Lackey (Kindle and Audible Plus) -- This is the finale of the Diana Tregarde Urban Fantasy series. My review will be posted on November 21.
  • Feuds edited by Mercedes Lackey (Review; November 26) -- This is the eighteenth anthology of Valdemar stories by assorted authors. My review will be posted on November 20.
  • Cold Welcome by Elizabeth Moon (Mine since April 11, 2017) -- This is the first book in the Vatta's Peace science fiction series. My review will be posted on November 21. 
  • Murder at Kensington Palace by Andrea Penrose (Audiobook; Mine since January 10) -- The third Wrexford & Sloan historical mystery. My review will be posted on November 26.
  • Into the Fire by Elizabeth Moon (Mine since February 5, 2018) -- The second and last book in the Vatta's Peace series. My review will be posted on November 26.
  • Innocent as Sin by Elizabeth Lowell (Mine since July 16) -- This is the third in the St Kilda Romantic Suspense series. My review will be posted on November 23.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!