Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Book Review: Divine by Choice by P. C. Cast

Divine by Choice

Author:
P. C. Cast
Series: The Parthalon (Book 2)
Publication: Blackstone Publishing (March 2, 2023)

Description: Finally settled into her new world and role as the Goddess Epona’s Chosen, Shannon finds herself loving her life of luxury and service more and more each day. Her handsome husband is due to return from his travels soon, and the temple and its people have recovered from the terrible war months before. Even though the evil has been banished from the land and all is calm, Shannon can’t seem to shake the cloud of uneasiness (and nausea) she’s been feeling, even after she receives the wonderful news of her forthcoming bundle of joy.

But when a routine ride through the countryside turns dangerous, Shannon is once again pulled across the divide—back to the rolling green of Oklahoma. Sensing the darkness growing in her former world and driven by Epona’s steady hand, she must rely on the tempting and sexy Clint Freeman to help her defeat the all-too-familiar evil that lurks in the shadows before she can return to her real home—Partholon.

My Thoughts: Oklahoma high school English teacher Shannon is finally settling in on Partholon as the Goddess Epona's Chosen and wife to centaur ClanFintan. The war is over, but changes are still on the horizon. 

Shannon, now called Rhea, finds herself pregnant and feeling a growing sense of evil. When a trip to a local shrine finds her jerked back to the Earth she left behind, Shannon has to battle old evil in a new setting if she is ever going to get back to her new life. 

Even though it has been many, many years since I read the first book in this series, I was able to quickly adjust to the world and the mythology which is a combination of Scottish and Greek myths. This was an entertaining fantasy. 

I bought this one July 10, 2009, shortly after I bought my first Kindle. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!