Monday, October 21, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 21, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice week. The weather was good, and the changing colors of the leaves made the view from my window excellent. My only complaint is that the days are getting shorter. It's dark by 6PM these days. There's still a couple of weeks before we set the clocks back at the end of Daylight Savings time which will help a little. 

I've been watching baseball as the season draws to a close. The New York Yankees have secured their place in the World Series. Later today I'll watch to see if the Los Angeles Dodgers will join them. Before that, I'll be able to watch the Minnesota Vikings who are undefeated so far this season try to keep their streak going by beating the Detroit Lions. 

Big news for me this week was reaching my Goodreads goal of 350 books. I upped the goal to 400 since there are better than two months left of this year. Last year I read 402 books, so the new goal is doable. I haven't actually met my goal since 2017 because I kept raising the goal when I met it. This year I may hold fast at my new goal and just see how far I manage to exceed it. I did get to 120% of my goal in 2016.

I have only five review books on my stack for the rest of 2024 and am tempted to just read them and schedule the reviews. I could because I'm about a month ahead on scheduled reviews. I probably won't though. I'll likely keep reading them as they are listed on my calendar. I do have room on my calendar to read a lot of my own books the rest of the year which might make a minor dent in my TBR pile which currently numbers 2505 books. 

Read Last Week
  • A Legend in the Baking by Jamie Wesley (Review; November 19) -- Second romance centered around three football players who are opening cupcake bakeries. My review will be posted on November 13.
  • Storm Furies by Wen Spencer (Mine since August 6) -- Sixth book in the Tinker series. This was a reread.
  • Sanctuary by Ilona Andrews (Mine since July 30) -- This novella stars a side character in the Kate Daniels urban fantasy series and is filled with Andrews' take on Russian mythology. My review will be posted on November 12. 
  • Rebel by David Weber & Richard Fox (Mine; Audiobook) -- Second book in the Ascent to Empire space opera series. My review will be posted on November 9.
  • The Inheritance by Nora Roberts (Mine since March 6) -- Reread of the first book of The Lost Brides trilogy to refresh my memory.
  • The Mirror by Nora Roberts (Review; November 19) -- Second book in The Lost Brides trilogy. Packed with great relationships, romance, humor and horror as Sonya and her friends try to find a way to break the curse on her new home. My review will be posted on November 14.
  • Duck the Halls by Donna Andrews (Mine since March 22, 2023) -- Sixteenth Meg Langslow mystery. Christmas events are being disturbed by a prankster and then there's a murder. My review will be posted on November 12.
  • The Muse of Maiden Lane by Mimi Matthews (Review; November 19) -- Finale of the Belles of London quartet of historical romances. My review will be posted on November 16. 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!