Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Memes: Minder by Kate Kaynak

I felt the eyes on the back of my head, like a too-warm itch within my skull. Someone was watching me.
This was the gripping, opening paragraph of Minder by Kate Kaynak*. It really drew me in and made me want to know who was watching and how the main character could feel it.


Friday 56: Page 56, sentence 5:
I thought about these special abilities we all had. Were they part of a divine plan?
I haven't gotten to this part yet. I am eager to know what special abilities "they" have and who "they" are.  


Book Beginning is new hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages and the Friday 56 is in the process of switching hosts. The new host will be announced on Storytime with Tonya and Friends next week. 


*Sorry, but it looks like Blogger is having an issue with uploading pictures this evening. Clicking on the link will bring you to the book's Amazon page with a picture and a description of the story.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention--I hope you enjoy Minder.
    Take care!
    - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic teasers!

    I am the new host for the Friday 56! I hope to see you next week, and thank you for your vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great first line! Very gripping!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!