Saturday, October 30, 2010

In My Mailbox (Oct. 31, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I discovered quite a few books this week that I could not live without. I added these to my Kindle:
I noticed that there were two more novellas in the Serengeti series and had to add them. I chose Serengeti Lightning and Serengeti Storm both by Vivi Andrews. Each is just a quick romantic-bordering-on-erotic story featuring shapeshifters.

I also got Wolf Tracks: Granite Lake Wolves, Book 4 by Vivian Andrews to find out how TJ finally finds his mate. This was a very nice romance. Although I think the female lead managed to accept the whole idea of people shifting to wolves rather quickly.
I also added the next two books by J. K. Beck to my Kindle this week. I added When Wicked Craves and When Pleasure Rules. I have the first book in the series on the Kindle already but have not yet had a chance to read it.
I couldn't neglect my physical TBR stack this week. I added these titles:
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean because I enjoyed the first book in this series and do like a nice historical romance once in a while.
  • A Rumor of Bones by Beverly Connor is the first in a mystery series. I read about this on one of the many blogs I follow and was intrigued enough to hunt down this book.
  • Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl was another book that I learned about by reading someone's blog. This is a combination of historical fiction, mystery and romance and really appealed to me.
I am a fan of David Weber's Honor Harrington series. I thought I would try Out of the Dark even though it is in a new series. Somehow the idea of humans and vampires fighting off an alien invasion appealed to me.

I also chose the anthology Haunted by Your Touch primarily because it includes a new story by Jeaniene Frost. I haven't read anything by either of the other two authors.

That was my week. What landed in your mailbox?


17 comments:

  1. I am off to Goodreads to check out some of these books! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot! Now I want the one with the new Jeaniene Frost story! I had completely forgot about it! But I'm on a book buying ban, so I guess it'll have to wait for now...
    I haven't heard of Vivi Andrews, I'll have to look those books up, they sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to read the sarah maclean book and prisoners in the palace, I just won prisoners in a contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The David Weber book looks intriguing!! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind on the Granite Lake Wolves series. I really enjoyed the first one though. I need to get on it. I'm a fan of J.K.'s books. The 3rd one is my favorite so far in the series. I hope you enjoy them!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with the Granite Lake Wolves when got to read the Amazon for Kindle freebie story awhile back and cannot wait to get to TJ's romance some day! I am looking forward to getting my copies of JK Beck's third book and the Anthology with Frost as well! Nice list of reading Kathy enjoy them all...


    My Mailbox this week is full of my YA finds and a couple of winnings from blog contests if you want to come check it out!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking mailbox! Thanks for stopping by!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I repeat you hit the jackpot AGAIN!

    Love the cover for Sarah Mclean's book and J K Beck's looks good.

    Enjoy the reads :)

    Have a great reading time for halloween :)

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1443670603/in-my-mailbox-mailbox-monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great selection of books. Happy reading :)
    Check out my In My Mailbox

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul!! I don't read very much romance, but Prisoners in the Palace looks very interesting!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every IMM post of yours I see here I just love. Your taste in books is supreme!!=)

    Have a good Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice selection of books! Haven't heard of most of these authors, so will keep an eye out for your reviews. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all new to me. Love the covers of the Serengeti books. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to get my hands on Haunted by your Touch! I hope to get it soon.

    Great books this week. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haunted by your Touch is on my wishlist. I hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked up the next two JK Beck books too :) Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!