Saturday, October 2, 2010

In My Mailbox (Oct. 3, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

Two books that I have been waiting for arrived this week. 

Alpha by Rachel Vincent is the 6th and final book in her Shifters series. This was my drop everything and read book this week. I devoured it. I thought it was a very good ending to the series. My non-spoiler review is here.

Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews also hit my mailbox this week. I am currently reading it. While I don't love this series as much as the Kate Daniels series, I am really enjoying the world, characters and action in this story.
I gave up waiting for my autographed copy of Saltation by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. I think it bounced back to them because I was away for the summer and the Post Office didn't forward my packages. I decided I wanted a print copy enough to buy my own. I have the ebook on my Kindle and loved it. 

I also got Masques by Patricia Briggs. This is an early book that is now back in print. I really like her writing style and am eager to read this one too.

I also bought the Harvest Moon anthology because it contains stories by Mercedes Lackey and Michelle Sagara. The Segara story is in her "Cast in" world. I couldn't resist.

This is what arrived in my mailbox. What did you get in yours?

9 comments:

  1. Great mailbox - have fun reading all these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox, Kathy! Have a great week....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOooooooooohhhhh. I LOVE your mailbox this week. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love the "Cast In" world as well and so I'm itching to download that book. And you have Alpha and Bayou Moon!!! I have such BAD impulse control that it's going to be very difficult not to wait. I'm excited for you and hope you have loads of fun reading this week :)

    Here's my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read anything by Ilona Andrews but have some of her books in my TBR pile. Shame on me because I've heard so many good things about them all. Happy reading!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally want to read Alpha. It's got such a cool cover!

    Happy reading :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I love your mailbox this week, and can't wait to finally read Alpha. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - Book Junkie is looking for a book title - I posted to her and suggested that she ask you. It's a shifter book and you have read so many I thought maybe you could place it. Here is her post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wheeeeeeeee! Alpha and Masques! We really were thinking alike this week! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mailbox. I have the first book to the Vivcent sereis. I hope to one day get to it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!