Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Birthday Bestsellers and Song


I decided to take this opportunity on my half-birthday to post the list of bestsellers for the week of my actual birthday. I was born on August 2, 1950. And, FYI, I don't celebrate birthdays or half-birthdays anymore. They just seem to come around too fast anyway. I got the half-birthday idea from my elementary students who love having birthdays so much that they want to have two in a year.


You can find out the bestsellers for your birthday here at BibliOZ.com


This was an interesting exercise. I find that I have actually read two of the novels and have at least heard of a couple more. I have read, remember, and have copies of Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow and The Egyptian by Mika Waltari.


I have heard of The Wall by John Hersey but have never read it. I have heard of Nevil Shute and Robert Penn Warren but have never read any of their books. The others are almost completely unknown to me.


Not bad for books that hit the charts 60 years ago! What about you? What books were on the bestsellers list when you were born? Have you read any?


Edited to add: I recently discovered that there is a website with the Billboard number 1 songs for individual dates all dates. I am including the number 1 song for my birthday - Mona Lisa by Nat King Cole. I found a video on YouTube. I remember my dad singing the chorus but I don't think I had ever heard the whole song before YouTube.



Happy birthday (or half-birthday) to all!

1 comment:

  1. My birthday is August 2, 1962. Happy Half Birthday to us.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!