Sunday, February 20, 2011

In My Mailbox (Feb. 20, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I am trying very hard to not buy books. My TBR mountain is overwhelming. I need to read what I have already bought. But I just couldn't resist this deal after reading about it on a few blogs recently. Those readers convinced me that this was too good a deal to pass up
I got the complete Jessica Darling series for my Kindle for only $9.99. I'm glad I got this one when I did. It is listed for $38.47 for the Kindle today.
The Jessica Darling series chronicles one young woman’s coming-of-age in the first decade of the 21st century. Over five books and ten years, Jessica Darling fumbles her way into adulthood. She evolves from a sixteen-year-old cynic, snarking in her diary about catty cliques, unrequited crushes, and other high school indignities, into a jet-setting twenty-six-year-old urbanite searching for more meaning in her life. Through all her misadventures in high school, college, and beyond, Jessica gets long-distance support from her best friend, Hope. But it's her on-again/off-again love of her life, Marcus Flutie, who can always be counted on to complicate her life in ways that are infuriating, intoxicating, and ultimately irresistible.
I also downloaded two free books for my Kindle this week.
I chose Bond with Me by Anne Marsh which was free and is now $5.59. 
As fallen angels, Brends and his brethren can grant humans any fantasy they choose. But in exchange they demand a bond, and only a woman who dares all accepts the invitation, “Bond with me.”
I also chose Without Reservations by J. L. Langley because I wanted to read a free ebook about shifters for a couple of challenges I'm doing. I didn't look closely at the cover or I would have realized that this was M/M erotica. The story was actually pretty good though. 

That is what I got this week. What did you get?




10 comments:

  1. Those titles are new to me! Guess I'll have to wait for your reviews!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your reviews, Kathy! Have a great week.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy Sloppy Firsts. It's my all time favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Bond With Me and I was glad to hear that Anne March is writing a second book in that series. I hope you enjoy it!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a bargain for sure, great timing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! You can see my IMM here if you'd like :) http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked BOND WITH ME. Great mailbox. Enjoy your books!

    Diana Leigh
    Book of Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  8. NIce to see someone else has the same idea besides me and is trying to make it happen Kathy... My solution to not buying so many books is to only participate in the weekly MEME's sporadically as every time I do find books! (I find books that I have to have and do not need to add to my huge list of reading that I already have!)

    This week My Mailbox contains all the books that have come in since last post in late January..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mailbox! The Jessica Darling series sounds so good, that is so fantastic getting the whole series for so low a price. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the Jessica Darling series. Wow what a great deal for the Kindle! Too bad I have a Nook. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!