Sunday, February 6, 2011

In My Mailbox (Feb. 6, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I am trying to be on a book buying ban for the month of February. And I was pretty successful at not buying books this week. However, I need to rethink and restate my goal. My real goal is to whittle down the TBR stack. As you can see by the number of books below, week 1 was a massive failure.
I got Primal which is an anthology including a Lora Leigh story and The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton. I am a big fan of Lora Leigh's work and I love romances with professional athletes as the heroes. I had pre-ordered both of these books long before my book buying ban began.
I bought Unseen by Rachel Caine because it is the third in the Outcast Season series. I have read book 1 and have book 2 on my Kindle. This one was pre-ordered well in advance of my book buying ban too.

I also bought the ebook version of In Fire Forged: Worlds of Honor #5 from Baen Books. I really like the Honor Harrington series of space operas and wanted to read these side stories. This one just squeaked by the book buying ban. I got it last Sunday. The ebook was $6.00 as opposed to $14.50 for the print book.

I also added these free books this week.
Love at First Flight by Marie Force
Just Right by Erin Nicholas
Hara's Legacy by Biance D'Arc
Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall - This one is now $4.76 but it was free when I pre-ordered it on Jan. 12.
The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
Love, Unexpectedly by Susan Fox. I see that it is $8.79 for the Kindle book today. Can I tell myself that I saved that much money since my price was $0?

I didn't actually buy any books since the beginning of February but you can see how spectacularly I failed at my attempt to whittle down my TBR stack. Maybe I'll do better next week. I plan to give myself a stern talking to!


10 comments:

  1. I have been curious about Elizabeth Chadwick's books for years. I will have to try them sometime. I find that e-books are easier to spend money on because you don't have a book in hand to make you realize you've spent money. Plus you can have the book instantly so even if you try to avoid the bookstore, any time you are on the Internet (or using your Kindle or smart phone) you could end up buying books!

    Good luck with your book buying ban and I hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, you stuck to your book buying ban! Think of all the money you saved! I'm having better luck with the ban than I am with not allowing new books across my threshold, as I can't seem to resist free eBooks. I've cut down on the number of review copies I'm accepting, so am totally counting in the plus column! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Greatest Knight this week, too - for my NOOK and it was free, too! Love Free Fridays!

    Enjoy all your books this week - they look interesting. My mailbox can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me the Perfect Play should be entitled... THE PERFECT BOD! Ohhhh those rippling abs... the steamy hot to sweat bod! Someone call 911 going into kinipshins looking at that cover!

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at Hara's Legacy. Hopefully it will still be free if I decide to read it. Nice haul this week!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox! I can't wait to read the perfect play :)

    My Post

    Lu
    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you enjoy your books. Check out what was In My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love The Greatest Knight, and I thought it's sequel, The Scarlet Lion, was even better. Ah, William. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!