Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (Dec. 31, 2012)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.


I had a very good and relaxing reading week. Staying home for the holidays removed *so* much stress from my life. Here is what I finished:
Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan was young adult historical fiction with magic. I didn't really care for this one because, while it had wonderful writing, the characters all felt like cardboard to me. My review will be posted on Jan. 3.

The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb was a middle grade review book. I liked the characters and the level of adventure in this one and think middle grade students will too. My review is here.
Mortal Ties by Eileen Wilks is an adult urban fantasy. I really liked this episode in the series. Fans of urban fantasy should check out the series because it has great characters. My review is here

Redoubt by Mercedes Lackey is a science fiction novel and is also the fourth book in the series. I have been reading her Valdemar books for years and this one was a good entry into that long-running series. My review will be posted on Jan. 3.
Cleopatra Ascending by Maureen Lipinski was a young adult review book I got from NetGalley. I liked the story pretty well but I thought there were some issues with the pacing of the novel. My review will be posted on Jan. 5.

Pale Demon by Kim Harrison was pulled from my TBR mountain. I want to catch up with this series before I read the lastest book which I have for review from Amazon Vine. These books are also filled with great characters. I love Rachel Morgan. She seems so well-rounded with weaknesses as well as awesome powers. My review will be posted on Jan. 5
I am currently reading A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison which is the most recently published book in the Rachel Morgan series. I am enjoying it. 

I have ambitious plans for next week since I am still on holiday break until Thursday. Here is what is on my stack.
Circle of Lies by Sara Dailey and Staci Weber, Snow White Must Die by Nele Neuhaus, and Ever After by Kim Harrison are on my adult review stack.
Cold Days by Jim Butcher and Cold Fire by Kate Elliott are adult books from my TBR mountain.
Black Ice by Andrew Lane is the next on my YA review stack. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers and Divergent by Veronica Roth are YA books from my TBR mountain. 

What are you planning for next week? I hope you get lots of reading done. Happy New Year's and have a safe and prosperous 2013.

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice!! I can't wait for Ever After! Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow white must die sounds creepy good. Hope you'll enjoy Divergent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have your reading fun cut out for you...hope you enjoy them all!

    Happy New Year!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of books! Enjoy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!