Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (Dec. 16, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

This week I added six books to my TBR mountain - four print books and two new ones for my Kindle.
I am a fan of Jill Shalvis' romances. When I saw that Amazon had picked Forever and a Day as one of the best romances of the year, I had to buy a copy for my Kindle.

I also got Think About Love by Vanessa Grant which was free this week for my Kindle. I saw it on someone's blog and thought it sounded interesting. 
I also thought it was time to take a look at my Amazon wishlist and either buy the book or take it off the list. I got a copy of An Apple for the Creature which is an anthology containing stories by lots of authors I like. I am not a big fan of anthologies in general but I wanted to read those stories. 

I also recently saw a posting about the best Star Trek novels. I had read most of them but there were a couple I hadn't ever read. I had a chance to get The Captain's Daughter by Peter David for a good price through the Amazon Marketplace and decided to buy it.
My keeper copy of Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder arrived this week. I read the eARC from NetGalley and had to get this one for my keeper shelf.

Finally, I bought The Silvered by Tanya Huff. I like her work and this sounded like an interesting fantasy story. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I still need to buy a keeper copy of Scent of Magic!


    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to get Scent of Magic, I need to jump on Snyder's fan wagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jill shalvis is adorable! very funny and light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I've hear some really great things about Maria Snyder's books---I hope you enjoy all the new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received both Scent of Magic and Touch of Power from Harlequin!! To go with my Study and Glass books.....
    Great haul!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!