Sunday, December 9, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (Dec. 9, 2012)


Tynga of Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

Here are the books I added to my stack this week:

Harlequin is starting a new contemporary line called KISS. They are offering free books to advertise the line. I got Waking Up Married by Mira Lynn Kelly for my Kindle. Check out this description:
Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well—a funny, arrogant, sexy…husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible—been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter…no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."
While I was looking at someone's post about Christmas books they planned to read I saw A Cajun Werewolf Christmas by Selena Blake and was intrigued. Cajun? Werewolf?

I did some research at Amazon and discovered that this is a novella in a series of paranormal romances. I could get the whole set - five novels, two stories and 450 pages of bonus content for a mere $6.99. I couldn't pass up adding the Stormy Weather Collector's Edition by Selena Blake to my stack.
Finally, I added She Can Run by Melinda Leigh to my stack after I finished She Can Tell which I had received from Amazon Vine for review. I loved the suspense and the hints about this earlier story. Here is a quote from the description at Amazon: 
A 2012 International Thriller Award nominee for Best First Novel, She Can Run is a sexy, satisfying debut from award-winning author Melinda Leigh, packed with enough suspense and romance to get even the tamest heart racing!
What did you add to your stack this week?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of these but at least you didn't add to many to the TBR pile this week! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of books from Harlequin Kiss, but haven't started yet. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by - nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Waking up Married looks great!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read two of the three you got this week. I haven't read She Can Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waking up Marrid does look cute! I almost picked it up too! Enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waking up Married sounds super cute. I might have to add that one to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of any of those, but I'm adding Stormy Weather and She Can tell to my Wishlist!

    Hope you enjoy your goodies, and thanks for stopping by!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/12/stacking-shelves-december-9-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!