Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Memes: Seven Kinds of Hell by Dana Cameron

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Seven Kinds of Hell by Dana Cameron. I received this eARC through Amazon's Whispercast program. Here is the description of this March 12 release:
Archaeologist Zoe Miller has been running from a haunting secret her whole life. But when her cousin is abducted by a vicious Russian kidnapper, Zoe is left with only one option: to reveal herself.

Unknown to even her closest friends, Zoe is not entirely human. She’s a werewolf and a daughter of the “Fangborn,” a secretive race of werewolves, vampires, and oracles embroiled in an ancient war against evil.

To rescue her cousin, Zoe will be forced to renew family ties and pit her own supernatural abilities against the dark and nefarious foe. The hunt brings Zoe to the edge of her limits, and with the fate of humanity and the Fangborn in the balance, life will be decided by an artifact of world-ending power.
Beginning:
I was sorting a box of objects in the Museum of Salem's accession office when the call came. My mother was dying.
Friday 56:
I stopped, closed my eyes. Sean had always reminded me of Porthos the musketeer, appetites and violence included. 

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...I don't usually like books about werewolves, but this one kind of grabbed me. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of this one. The 56 creates quite a picture of Sean.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!