Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Memes: Six Years by Harlan Coben


Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Today Six Years by Harlan Coben has reached the top of my TBR stack. I got this eARC from Dutton to review. I chose it because I have never read anything by Harlan Coben and was eager to see what his books were like. Here is the description:
In Six Years, a masterpiece of modern suspense, Harlan Coben explores the depth and passion of lost love…and the secrets and lies at its heart. 

Six years have passed since Jake Fisher watched Natalie, the love of his life, marry another man. Six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor. Six years of keeping his promise to leave Natalie alone, and six years of tortured dreams of her life with her new husband, Todd.

 But six years haven’t come close to extinguishing his feelings, and when Jake comes across Todd’s obituary, he can’t keep himself away from the funeral. There he gets the glimpse of Todd’s wife he’s hoping for…but she is not Natalie. Whoever the mourning widow is, she’s been married to Todd for almost two decades, and with that fact everything Jake thought he knew about the best time of his life—a time he has never gotten over—is turned completely inside out.

As Jake searches for the truth, his picture-perfect memories of Natalie begin to unravel. Mutual friends of the couple either can’t be found, or don’t remember Jake. No one has seen Natalie in years. Jake’s search for the woman who broke his heart, who lied to him, soon puts his very life at risk as it dawns on him that the man he has become may be based on a carefully constructed fiction.

 Harlan Coben once again delivers a shocking page-turner that deftly explores the power of past love, and the secrets and lies that such love can hide.
Beginning:
I sat in the back pew and watched the only woman I would ever love marry another man.
Friday 56:
"I don't know nothing about that," Stocky said. "I only know that you're on private property and if you don't get off it, I'm going to bring you in."

4 comments:

  1. Looks suspenful, and a love story too. I'd definitely read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to wonder if he'll find another love or if he'll wind up with "the only woman [he'll] ever love" int he end.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning is so sad, and the 56 left me intrigued even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy Harban's writing a lot! This is great. I so need to start doing Friday 56 again!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!