Sunday, March 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (March 24, 2013)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

This week I added six books to my TBR mountain. Five of them were ebooks.

Bought
I read about Unbroken by Melody Grace on one of the blogs I visited on Teaser Tuesday. I really liked the teaser and decided to add the book to my Kindle when I found out how reasonably priced it was. 

Lucas by D. B. Reynolds was a Kindle Daily Deal. I have at least one other book in this series on my Kindle waiting for me to find time to read it. Maybe I'll be able to collect all of them at bargain prices. 
Sidelines: Talks and Essays by Lois McMaster Bujold gathers together all of the nonfiction pieces she has written. Since Lois is on of my all-time favorite authors and since she is unable to write anything that is not compellingly readable, I had to add this one to my Kindle too.

Agent of Change by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller was free for the Kindle this week. I already have multiple copies of this book both in print and on my Kindle but I still couldn't resist getting it. This book begins another of my all-time favorite series of books. 

Review Books
Prophet of Bones by Ted Kosmatka was my only print book this week. I got it from Christine at Henry Holt. It will be released on April 2 but I won't be reviewing it for a while. My calendar for April was already full when it arrived. I will be posting an excerpt from the book on April 3 for those who might be curious about this title. 

Cuts Through Bone by Alaric Hunt was my most recent review book. I got it from the Minotaur Books Early Reviewer Program through NetGalley. This book will be released on May 14.

What did you get this week?

7 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are all totally new to me! Hope you enjoy every single one of them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've heard of any of these before. Going to have to check some of them out!

    Check out my SP & STS.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE D.B. Reynolds' books. More people need to read her series.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I really want to read Unbroken. Enjoy your new books. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Melody @ Adventures in Bookland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I really like the cover of Unbroken! Thanks for stopping by my post :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so tempted to buy unbroken too! hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of some of these but I admit they aren't in genres I normally gravitate to. Love the cover of Cuts Through Bone & Unbroken though.

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up for this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!