Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Gauntlet by Holly Jennings

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Why are you inviting us?"

"Well, your team, while young, does have a fierce reputation in the gaming world. Especially you, Ms. Ling."

Little did he know, Kai "the warrior" Ling was currently hiding under her duvet.
This week I am reading Gauntlet by Holly Jennings. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Plug back into the dangerous world of virtual gaming, in the next thrilling novel from the author of Arena.

Kali Ling has faced down death hundreds of times for the entertainment of millions. She knows fear—and she knows what’s truly terrifying...


There’s a new game in town. A brutal, winner-takes-all, international video game tournament showcasing the world’s most elite players, promising fame, prestige, and unbelievable fortune. But there’s a catch. The game uses new VR pods guaranteed to push digital warriors to their physical and psychological brink—adapting every time a gamer makes a move.

As the first female captain and youngest team owner in VGL history, Kali is used to defying the odds. But as the all-star tournament heats up, her determination begins to waver and the pressures of media, sponsors, and the game itself begin to put cracks in her hard-set convictions—and strain on her relationship with the one person who matters most.

If Kali and her teammates are to survive, they’ll have to find a way to be stronger than ever before. But battling the system may prove too difficult for even the most hardened of fighters...

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds fun! The teaser is hilarious, and I love gaming, so this book sounds right up my alley.

    My teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Arena, the first book? I need to still. This one sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very intense! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE CUTAWAY”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I LOVE the sound of this one. How are you getting on with it, Kathy? The cover is lovely. This is my TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/teaser-tuesday-28th-march-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I hope you're enjoying it. Here's my link for this week's intro/teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1wi

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!