Monday, May 8, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 8, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week for me. I have been sorting through kitchen cupboards trying to decide what I need and what can go on my Rummage Sale. I had a moment of panic on Friday when I realized that in exactly five weeks the moving truck will be unloading all my stuff at my new home.

I'm sitting here in my new home on Saturday afternoon having just arrived with another carload of stuff. My brother is at work but I'll be eager to talk to him when he gets home to find out what progress he's made on all the things on his to-do list.

Read Last Week

Say You're Sorry by Melinda Leigh was another excellent romantic suspense title by this author. She introduces a new, intriguing main character. My review will be posted on May 20.

Ensnared by Rita Stradling was also excellent. This one is a science fiction version of Beauty and the Beast. My review will be posted on May 24.

Silence Fallen is the latest in the Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series. As usual for the series, it was excellent. My review will be posted on May 25.

Currently
I am reading Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost this week from my TBR Mountain - the Kindle version.

Next Week
Next week I'm back to my review stack tackling books that will be released in June.


Reviews Posted


Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

  • I added two copies of The Gathering Edge by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - one print and one Kindle
  • I got a review copy of Silver Silence by Nalini Singh from Penguin's First to Read program.

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

23 comments:

  1. Say You're Sorry looks good. You must be excited and yet a little sad about the big moving coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed Ensnared and Silent Fallen. I need to stop procrastinating and read Mercy Thompson! I bet Silver Silence it's gong to be goo! Nalini Singh is a great writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the countdown is on! I've been helping my brother and sister-in-law move and it is a major job.

    I hope you have some great reading time this week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is exciting but also sad to move. It is difficult to decide what to keep and what to give away.

    You have a lot of new things changing, but they are all good.

    Love the cover on THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH.

    ENJOY your week, and thanks for coming by my blog.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh, lots of good ones on your shelves! I need to get caught up on Mercy Thompson, and I recently started Frost's Night Huntress series and am loving it. I still haven't read the Psy-Changeling series but that's on my TBR as well! Ensnared sounds interesting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am behind on the Melinda Leigh books, but since Say You're Sorry has a new character, I might just jump right in there.

    You are making excellent progress toward the move, and it's so interesting to me that you and your brother are coming from different places to a home together. Each has something to contribute. Have a good move, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ensnared sounds really interesting, so I pre-ordered it! I love re-tellings and the scifi edge gives it a bit of something different. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get a copy of that Amanda Quick. You must be counting down the days now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving is a lot of work isn't it? A great set of books this week. I'm going to check to see if I can squeeze in the Melinda Leigh new title.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seeing so many Beauty and the Beast retellings. I hope your move allows you to purge and start fresh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ensnared looks good - have been keeping my eye out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving can be so involving, I wish you best of luck as you get towards the end. :) Silence Fallen looks great and even though I'm only on book three I'm anxious to get to some of the later ones! A Gleam of Light looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great books, I look forward to Silver Silence and the new tack it will begin. Good to see Greg above is reading the series! I marked Ensnared last week when I saw a review for it and look forward to reading it. All the best with the packing for moving, such a huge task.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't moved in thirty-two years, so I'm sure I would remember how!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEP! I STILL need to read Into the Fire too!! So behind! LOL!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your books. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm, I love sci fi and I love Beauty and the Beast so I think Ensnared is going to be a must-read for me. I hadn't heard of it before so thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ensnared looks interesting--I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not long now until the big move! I bet the time feels like it is flying by!

    A Merciful Truth sounds like it could be a good read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never heard of Ensnared, but SFF Beauty and the Beast? Sounds great to me. Good luck with the move!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  21. Before you know it, you will be in the new house all settled in! Say You're Sorry is on my TBR list. Love Vlad and Leila. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed Silence Fallen too!! And Say You're Sorry sounds really good as well.

    I am glad to hear things are progressing along for you nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know it's the end of the week but I realized I didn't pop in earlier. I love the Mercy Thompson series too. I'm playing catch-up on the Ruggle series by getting them at Audible.
    I'll have to look for Ensnared as I really like Beauty and the Beast stories.
    Hope you are progressing well with your move. We'll be going to help our son and DIL soon. We may not be able to move alot but I watch the kids.
    Hope you had a great week and I'll check in again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!