Tuesday, February 27, 2018

First Paragraph/Teaser Tuesday: Hooked on a Phoenix by Ashlyn Chase

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posted the first paragraph of a book she is reading or planning to read. In 2018, Vicki from I'd Rather Be at the Beach is taking over this meme.

Here's mine:
"Do you want everyone to hear us? Keep your voice down," Gabe whispered to Parker Carlyle, his best friend since childhood. He scanned the celebrants at his brother Jayce's Christmas Eve wedding reception. No one was paying attention to them -- until his mother looked up. She didn't have paranormal hearing like her sons and husband, but that never stopped her from knowing exactly what was going on. Her smile faded as she took in Gabe's serious expression.
 
Link up here. It is very easy to play along:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.
Here's mine (from 56% of the eARC):
Missy had had it. She was actually glad to get back to work where she could think about something besides disappointing Parker, messing up Gabe's life, and probably messing up her own.
This week I am reading Hooked on a Phoenix by Ashlyn Chase. I got this review book from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
LOCKED IN A BANK VAULT TOGETHER...
THEY MIGHT REDEFINE THE MEANING OF 'SAFE' SEX


Misty Carlisle works as a bank teller in Boston's financial district. She's had more rotten luck in her life than most, except when her childhood crush shows up to cash his paycheck. Then her heart races and her mouth goes dry.

Gabe Fierro is a firefighter—and a phoenix. Like his brothers, his biggest challenge is finding a woman open-minded enough to accept a shapeshifter into her life. When his boyhood friend asks him to watch over his little sister Misty, he reluctantly agrees. But when the bank where she works gets held up, Gabe does everything he can to protect her. The two of them end up locked in the bank's vault...where things get steamier than either of them ever imagined.

12 comments:

  1. Not my kind of read, but the title triggered a song in my mind. Now I can't get B.J. Thomas's "Hooked on a Feeling" bout of my head, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds great fun, though I generally don't go in for steamy romances - I hope you're enjoying this one, Kathy. Many thanks for popping by my site:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snippets and the blurb. Enjoy, and thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We moms always have an uncanny knack of knowing what's going on! I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. I'd read on for more. My teaser is from a short story this week Diamond Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first paragraph has me curious although the cover tells me this isn't my genre. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't my normal genre but I can definitely see the appeal in the opener...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely want to read this one. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't normally read paranormal novels but I can definitely appreciate this intro.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a genre I read but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, if work keeps life worries away for a while, go for it! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!