Monday, February 19, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Feb. 19, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

This was my "go to the dentist" week. I went on Tuesday and had an exam and met the dentist. I went on Wednesday for a cleaning and one filling. My next visit is already schedule for August. Our weather has been nice this week. Although it got well below zero during the night, the days were bright, sunny, and relatively warm. I think we hit 40 degrees on Valentine's Day. Of course all good things must come to an end. As I am writing this Saturday morning, I'm hearing a forecast for 3 - 6 inches of wet heavy snow on Sunday and continuing on into Monday.

For our excitement this week, our furnace quit working. I ran out to do some grocery shopping on Friday afternoon and got back to a chilly house. My brother came home shortly after I did and called the furnace repair guy he uses. Now our furnace has a brand-new motor and brain and should last us for a while. We have been talking about getting a new furnace since we moved in because we know this one is the original from when the house was built in 1999 and isn't as efficient as a newer furnace but it was working. Now we are going to keep an eye out for sales on furnaces with a goal of having a new furnace before next fall.

I've been staying up late to watch the Olympics this week. I mainly look for the figure skating. That should keep me busy for the rest of this week. The Voice starts again next Monday with Kelly Clarkson as a new coach. I can't wait!

Read Last Week
  • Deja Moo by Kirsten Weiss - cute cozy mystery. My review will be posted on March 14.
  • The Broken Girls by Simone St. James - Excellent mystery with a vengeful ghost. My review will be posted on March 17.
  • Martians Abroad by Carrie Vaughn - science fiction that reminded me of Robert A. Heinlein. My review will be posted on March 15.
  • Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts - TBR pile; YA epic fantasy that starts a series. My review will be posted on March 16.
  • Bones Don't Lie by Melinda Leigh - next in the Morgan Dane romantic suspense series. My review will be posted on March 13.
  • Losing Leah by Tiffany King - YA twisty psychological suspense story. My review will be posted on March 14.
Currently
Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet - Epic fantasy from TBR mountain.

Next Week
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought
Diane Duane put out a plea on twitter to earn some quick money as she and her husband were in danger of losing their rental house and becoming homeless. I bought these to help her out.
More of Gwen Florio's backlist
  • Lost Among the Living by Simone St. James (because I loved The Broken Girls and wanted to try more of her work.)
  • Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre - I read the eARC and wanted a keeper copy.
Review
  • Falling Star by Terri Osburn (March 27) - because I haven't read a romance for a while
  • What You Want to See by Kristen Lepionka (May 1) - this request was approved at NetGalley but I don't remember asking for it. I ordered the first book in the series since this is the second.
  • Nyxia Unleashed by Scott Reintgen (July 17) - sequel to another eARC I read
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I need to get caught up in Amanda's series! Find myself all over the place lately in trying to pick a series to get myself caught up in! Lol! Hope you enjoy the reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawk! This post is dangerous for my Mt. TBR. Glad you could repair your furnance -- we have several weeks of cold weather still to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many tempting titles! I have been eyeing The Broken Girls...and I love Melinda Leigh's books.

    Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely need a good working furnace. I hope you are able to get a great deal.

    Enjoy all your reads!


    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-cybils-winners-single-book-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good books...I enjoyed THE BROKEN GIRLS.

    I see you have another of her books. ENJOY!!

    Have a great week, and stay warm.

    Thanks for coming by my blog, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of books in one post! Wow! Bones Don't Lie sounds like a good read!

    Thanks for coming by my blog. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be curious to read your review of Athens Broken Girls. I read a month ago or so and enjoyed it. Scared the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our house doesn't have a furnace. Glad you were able to get yours fixed. My post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your books look so good. I have The Broken Girls to review, too. I'm looking forward to it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Furnaces just don't last as long as they used to! Hope the fix hold off so you can get the best deal. My daughter's went out on one of the coldest weekends this winter. Looking forward to starting the Morgan Dane series. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve been watching the Olympics, too. Furnaces always seem to break when it’s ridiculously cold out. I’m glad it got fixed. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no more snow! We got a little too after it mostly melted... and glad the furnace situation turned out okay. I'll be in the market for a new one before long probably as ours is getting old...

    Martians Abroad and Royal Bastards both look quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that the furnace problems were solved! And yeah that you bought a copy of Honor Among Thieves, that book was absolutely great! And I hope you enjoy Heart on Fire, I loved it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!