Monday, July 23, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 23, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

I'm writing this on Saturday afternoon in the middle of my 50th reunion festivities. I am just back from the lunch provided by the school for anyone from their 50th reunion and older. The oldest attendee was the mother of one of my classmates who graduated with the class of 1947. Last night's mixers were filled with seeing people I have not seen for 50 years and catching up on their lives. I feel all talked out and still have this evening's dinner and social hour and tomorrow's wrap up pizza lunch to go. I expect next week to be a week of quiet and grunting instead of talking.

I did get a lot of reading done this week since baseball took a few days off for the All-Star Break. I also took advantage of Amazon Prime Day to buy myself a new Kindle. It is my 4th. My 3rd one is showing wear marks where I hold it and I thought it was time to do an upgrade. I did have a little bit of panic though because Amazon's website said that it was delivered but it didn't show up on my porch. I had been checking the website and my porch frequently during the day. When I went out to dinner at about 5 PM the website still said that the package was out for delivery. When I got home about 6 PM, I checked again and found that the website had been updated saying my package had been delivered at 9:42 AM.

The next morning by neighbor across the street came over and gave me my package. It had been delivered there by mistake. UPS and FedEx stop at her house at least once a day so she didn't immediately notice that the package was mine. Once I got it and charged it, I had a fun time transferring books to it. I was surprised that I was able to transfer my review books from Edelweiss and NetGalley since I thought they were proprietary to a certain machine. I though I'd still be using my old one until I had finished all my review copies. I also went to Edelweiss and NetGalley and updated where they should send future review books (and found more new ones to add to my stack.)

Next week should include good reading time too. I have a doctor's appointment Monday morning but then a clear and empty week.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop - re-read
  • Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop - re-read
  • Nine by Zach Hines - YA science fiction dystopian story that I have mixed feeling about. My review will be posted on August 3.

  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop - re-read
  • Slaying It by Chloe Neill - A novella in the Chicagoland Vampires series that ties up some loose ends and gets us ready for her new spinoff series. 
  • The Point by John Dixon - Science fiction thriller. My review will be posted on August 4.

  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop - re-read
  • The Body at the Tower by Y. S. Lee - The second Agency historical mystery. It's been on my stack since 9/16/2012. My review will be posted August 6.

Currently
Lake Silence by Anne Bishop - re-read for the 4th or 5th time

Next Week



Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer
Paradox by Catherine Coulter
Murder, She Reported by Peg Cochran

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
Between Frost and Fury by Chani Lynn Feener
Contagion by Erin Bowman

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:


Review:




What was your week like?



15 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a ton of reading. I've looked at the Anne Bishop books a hundred times but I've never picked them up. I guess i should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I couldn't decide if I should read Slaying It or not since I read Wild Hunger weeks ago. I hate when I can't read the prequel novellas first yet I can't regret reading Wild Hunger asap either! LOL!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your books look great. I'm really interested in Murder, She Wrote. Sounds good. Congrats on the new Kindle. Enjoy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy your new Kindle. I've changed mine since I started reviewing, and it was easy to move all the books onto the new device.

    Enjoy your new Marcia Clark...I like her books. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your posts are bad for me. I see so many titles I'd like to read - in addition to the many already on my list. =)

    Happy reading and enjoy your new Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the new Kindle was found and that you were able to transfer everything over. I've been working with two for years now; I'm sure it's user issues, not device issues.

    So many great books on your list this week. Want to read Mortal Arts, The Traitor in the Tunnel, The Lies We Told, and Stars Above. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reunions can be so fun but exhausting too, at least in my experience. It can be nice to catch up though with people you never see.

    I'm looking forward to #murdertrending and Contagion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The reunion sounds like fun! I really enjoyed the one high school reunion I've been to. Glad you got your Kindle! Thanks for visiting my blog - your reading selections look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a reunion this year too! I can't seem to remember which one though...lol. I have never attended one of ours before so this will be a first. :)

    #murdertrending looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the Kindle arrived safe and sound. Sounds like it was a great reunion weekend. Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m glad your Kindle was found. That exact same thing happened to me, but it was with books and not a Kindle. Your reunion sounds like fun. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also bought a Kindle on Prime Day, but it's a gift for my mom--she has a 1st generation Kindle that's barely holding on. I just hope it makes it until Christmas :-) Thanks for stopping my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last time Amazon mis-delivered one of my packages, they had taken a picture of where they delivered it to. With a little sleuthing, I deduced that it was apt. 4 across from me. Common mistake. Pizzas end up there too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep seeing Anne Bishop books around the blogging community but I've never even picked one up. If so many people enjoy them I have no idea why I haven't read them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I considered buying a new Kindle during Prime day. My current one is fine (I also have a Kindle fire..and the kindle app on my phone and tablet...), but it is a bit older and I'm sure at some point it will conk out. Hopefully it lasts at least until Cyber Monday (or I could just use any of my other devices...)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!