Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Memes: Burning Ridge by Margaret Mizushima

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Saturday Night, Mid-May

If Deputy Mattie Cobb had eaten supper at home with her K-9 partner, Robo, she wouldn't have noticed the rig parked illegally across the street from the Main Street Diner.
Friday 56:
She said that last week, before he disappeared, Willie might have connected with someone from his past, an old friend of the family. Do you know anything about that?"

After several seconds, Carlos answered. "Maybe."

"What do you mean by maybe?"
This week I am featuring Burning Ridge by Margaret Mizushima. This is the fourth mystery in the Timber Creek K9 series. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Featuring Mattie Cobb and her K-9 partner Robo, Burning Ridge by critically acclaimed author Margaret Mizushima is just the treat for fans of Alex Kava.

On a rugged Colorado mountain ridge, Mattie Cobb and her police dog partner Robo make a grisly discovery―and become the targets of a ruthless killer.

Colorado’s Redstone Ridge is a place of extraordinary beauty, but this rugged mountain wilderness harbors a horrifying secret. When a charred body is discovered in a shallow grave on the ridge, officer Mattie Cobb and her K-9 partner Robo are called in to spearhead the investigation. But this is no ordinary crime―and it soon becomes clear that Mattie has a close personal connection to the dead man.

Joined by local veterinarian Cole Walker, the pair scours the mountaintop for evidence and makes another gruesome discovery: the skeletonized remains of two adults and a child. And then, the unthinkable happens. Could Mattie become the next victim in the murderer’s deadly game?

A deranged killer torments Mattie with a litany of dark secrets that call into question her very identity. As a towering blaze races across the ridge, Cole and Robo search desperately for her―but time is running out in Margaret Mizushima’s fourth spine-tingling Timber Creek K-9 mystery, Burning Ridge.

14 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one! Great cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “GOOD LUCK WITH THAT”

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful plot twist to include the K-9 as a character. Thanks for visiting my blog. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books featuring K-9s. I definitely need to check this series out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. I want to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an intriguing read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this one and gave it five stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That maybe sounds very suspicious. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you'll enjoy your new mystery in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks really interesting! I totally love the whole K-9 theme and pretty 'dog' cover.

    Here's my post for Friday. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an intense book. I love the cover. I’ve always wanted a German Shepherd. Maybe someday.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that one of the protagonists is a dog.

    Enjoy!

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!