Monday, September 3, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Sept. 3, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week filled with reading and blogging. I set up my calendar for October and made the basic blog posts for the month. I still have lots to do even before reading the books before the posts are ready though. I made my State of the Stack post to keep track of my review books.

Since it's a new month, I took a look at last month's totals. I read 33 books with 21 of them coming from my Review stack. I read a total of 11,436 pages. 26 of the books I read were ebooks. I added 22 books to my collection this month and have only read one so far. Nine of the books were for review with 5 from Edelweiss, 3 from NetGalley, and one from an author. 18 of the 22 were Kindle books.

This coming week should also be a quiet one. Hopefully, I'll finish getting posts ready on my October calendar and begin lowering the stack of October review books.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Grand Escape by Neal Bascomb - YA review, nonfiction. My review will be posted on Sept. 21.
  • The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead - YA Fantasy from TBR mountain. My review will be posted on Sept. 17.
  • Chasing Truth by Julie Cross - YA spy/thriller from TBR mountain. My review will be posted on Sept. 19.
  • Hiding Lies by Julie Cross - YA spy/thriller/romance from TBR mountain. My review will be posted on Oct. 3.
  • Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews - urban fantasy from TBR mountain. My review will be posted on Sept. 15.
  • Wicked and the Wallflower - historical romance from TBR mountain. My review will be posted on Sept. 20.
Currently
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal - science fiction, alternate history from TBR mountain

Next Week

On to October review books!
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

TBR Mountain:
Review:
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. Oooh nice! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so organized with your reading! Have a great reading week and thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of "Behind the Scenes" - so pretty! I'm interested to hear about "Sherwood" Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had an impressive week...and month. Enjoy the new books and your blogging, and thanks for visiting my blog. I like the look of The Au Pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 33 books. Wow! And gad it was a good reading week. :)

    So many good looking books coming out. I need to get the new Lauren Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal and Bannerless by Carrie Vaughn among my checked out library books, but I don't know if I'll get to either of them. I loved Lyndsay Faye's Timothy Wilde books, but I haven't read any of her others yet.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see you liked D-Day. I did, too.

    Are you planning to apply for the Cybils?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have one large stack of books to read.

    A MURDER BY ANY NAME is catching my eye out of all of these books. :)

    So.....feeling sad not going back to school? Tee Hee. :)

    If so, you will get over it. Is the first or second year of retirement for you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to get a lot of reading done. Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you read 33 books in ONE MONTH? That's amazing! 6 or 7 books is a good month for me, and that includes audios!

    Looks like you have a good variety going lately, too - enjoy your books!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great job reading!!!!

    As usual, you have a ton of books that are now going on my TBR! Lol. Thanks for sharing, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your numbers for the month are staggering. Even if I could read that many books, I'd never be able to review them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mysteries look very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have so many good books for me to consider. The Ruggle romantic suspense is up my alley and Jen Turano is fun. Sherwood caught my eye too - I still have Hunted in my Audible wish list.
    I started doing my reviews right away at Goodreads - I really like that it helps keep me up to date. Thanks for that tip.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!