Monday, June 19, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 19, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week around my house. Duluth was busy because about 18,000 runners from all over the world arrived to take part in Grandma's Marathon and the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. I had no trouble staying away from the activity and traffic since most of it happens along the lakeshore and I live up over the hill in Duluth. We did provide nice weather for the runners. It was cool and clear and the smoke from Canadian fires which was thick on Wednesday was not a problem on Saturday for the Marathon. 

My doctor's appointment went well. We are pretty much in a watch-and-see mode since my cough is about 99% better than it was for over a year. I did have a more complete breathing test to act as a baseline so that my doctor will have something to go on if the cough returns. Currently, my calendar is free of doctor's appointments until the middle of July when my hearing will be tested. 

I've been making nice progress with my review books. I should finish my last July 4 release later today which will complete all the reviews on my June calendar. I have two for July 11 release and three for July 18 release. I'm planning to squeeze in two books from my TBR mountain next week. I haven't picked my next audiobook yet but will choose something to begin on Monday. Right now, I think it will be The Miser's Dream by John Gaspard which was a recent Audible Plus selection and the third in the Eli Marks mystery series.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Fatal Fudge Swirl by Meria Allen (Review; June 27) -- Third in a series where a former librarian for the CIA turns into the manager of an ice cream shop and solves mysteries. My review will be posted on June 22.
  • Unbroken by Rachel Caine (Mine since 2012) -- This is the conclusion of the Outcast Season quartet and is filled with battles and moral dilemmas. Entertaining urban fantasy. My review will be posted on June 22.
  • Some Like It Hawk by Donna Andrews (Audiobook from Chirp) -- This 14th book in the Meg Langslow cozy mystery series was another fun romp. My review will be posted on June 29.
  • The Queen's Price by Anne Bishop (Kindle; Mine) -- This latest in the Black Jewels series was essentially a coming-of-age story for a number of the characters. I enjoy the worldbuilding in this series. My review will be posted on June 24.
  • Flop Dead Gorgeous by David Rosenfelt (Review; July 4) -- This 27th in the Andy Carpenter series was another fun mystery. I really like Andy's snark. My review will be posted on June 28.
  • The Dane of My Existence by Jessica Martin (Review; July 4) -- The was a cute contemporary romance. My review will be posted on June 27.
  • The Housekeepers by Alex Hay (Review; July 4) -- Historical heist story filled with twists and turns. I found the story to be a little to grim for me to completely enjoy. My review will be posted on June 29.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • The Last Sister by Kendra Elliot (Kindle; I added the audiobook for $1.99)
  • The Silence by Kendra Elliot (Kindle; I added the audiobook for $1.99)
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. Glad your cough is better and your appt went well. So many great books. Will have to get into that Anne Bishop series. Loved The Others. happy reading this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing better. I was looking at your Librarything site. Wow, I like all the graphs. I might have to look into this for myself if my phone can handle another app! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ironman came through Springfield, MA recently. I avoided that traffic too.

    Great books this week. A Fatal Illusion caught my eye. Hope you enjoy your books.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your appointment went well. Nicely done last week too! Hope you enjoy your books lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Fatal Fudge Swirl mentioned on another blog, too. Looks like a fun one! I need to start that series, since I'm an ice-cream-loving librarian (not for the CIA, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear your cough is better. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news about your cough improvement! Enjoy your review books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quiet weeks are good. I see lots of good thrillers on your list. That seems to be all I've been reading lately.

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good news that your cough is better! Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better. I love your mix of books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were lucky in my area, there was only one day of smoke, and it was surrounded by a lot of rain, so that made it better then the last fires last month. And it sounds like you enjoyed The Queen's Price and Unbroken, yeah! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!