Friday, January 1, 2010
Posted by Kathy Martin at 10:16 AM
"I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve. The start of the new year brings the opportunity for reflection about what we've done during the past year and the goals for what we want to accomplish in the coming year. Take today to answer the following questions on your blog. If, for some reason, some of the questions to apply to you, just answer what you can."
1. What was your favorite aspect of your blog in 2009?
I just got back into actually posting on my blog late in the year. My favorite posts were about books. I liked finding information about new books and authors and including links and trailers.
2. Was there a particular featured/weekly post you participated in that you enjoyed and plan to continue in 2010?
I like the In My Mailbox weekly post from The Story Siren and intend to keep posting in that one. Besides seeing what others were getting, it led me to lots of very interesting blogs. I also signed up for six challenges this year and will be posting about those too. The blog will be more focused on what I'm reading this year. I have spun off my work as a media specialist into a new blog -- Ms. Martin Teaches Media.
3. Is there anything you don't like about your blog that you want to fix? (design, posts, followers, blog host, etc.)
I have been playing a little bit more with design on my new blog. I like Blogger. I wish I had more followers though.
4. Is there a blog you visit that you admire and aspire to emulate?
I read and follow so many blogs! There are good points and bad about each of them. What I look for is information -- news about up-coming books and book-related movies, author interviews, clear and concise book reviews. Since I follow the blogs in Google Reader or Bloglines, I am often surprised when I go to the actual blog at the design choices some people make -- black backgrounds with words that barely stand out and difficult to read fonts are two of my pet peaves. I also get annoyed when I visit a blog and music starts playing and I have to search the sidebar to figure out what to turn off.
1. Post clear, informative reviews of the books I read
2. Post at least 3 times a week
3. Try to have at least 50 followers by the end of 2010
Labels: Completed Challenges