Sunday, January 10, 2010

In My Mailbox (Jan. 10, 2010)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits.

Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I had an extra-large week this time because my mailbox filled up while I was away for Christmas Break.

I added these Young Adult Books to my massive TBR pile this week.



The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
Ex-mas by Kate Brian
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles



The Secret Year by Jennifer R. Hubbard
Captivate by Carrie Jones
A Spy in the House by Y. S. Lee
Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
Firespell by Chloe Neill




Once a Princess by Sherwood Smith
Twice a Princess by Sherwood Smith
Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Dragon's Heart by Jane Yolen
The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

These books are Middle Grade level.



The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
Ranger's Apprentice Book 7: Erak's Ransom by John Flanagan

Here are my additions to my adult TBR shelves.



Inked by Karen Chance and Others
Street Game by Christine Feehan
Bone Magic by Yasmine Galenorn
Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz



Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore
You Suck by Christopher Moore
Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn

All of my new adult books except for the ones by Christopher Moore are by authors I already read. The books are continuations in their various series.

I couldn't forget my Kindle this week. Here is what I added to it.


Dark Pursuit and Exposure by Brandilyn Collins were both free offerings this week.
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart




Death's Mistress by Karen Chance
Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Nightlife by Rob Thurman

That was my mailbox this week. It is enough to keep me reading well into the Spring. What did you get?

22 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure got a lot! The Secret Year is pretty good,

    Have fun reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including Prophecy in your post!

    The Secret Year is one of the novels I'm MOST excited about for 2010. I read it as an ARC and think it'll be one of the best books of the year.

    Also, The Mysterious Benedict Society is FANTASTIC. It's very "Harry Potter"-esque in a cool, new way. Even my fifteen-year-old daughter devoured every book and still pronounces it one of her favorite series of all time.

    Happy reading!
    <3

    MZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many books!! I loved The Dark Divine, Magic Under Glass, and Deadly Little Secrets so I hope you enojoy them too. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many awesome titles you got there - I hope you enjoy each of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!!! Tons of amazing books!!! Enjoy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a haul. I hope you thoroughly enjoy all these books.

    Mine is here: When the Apocalypse Comes Nobody's Going to Be Punctuating

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly! Another great haul! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crow! How do you read all of those LOL. There are a few I'd love to own!

    Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-11010.html

    Take care! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a huge stack! Some of the covers look really interesting. I"ll be keeping an eye out for them!

    I really enjoyed The Mysterious Benedict Society. I keep meaning to pick up the sequels, but they're just so long...and there are so many books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eee Demon's Lexicon! I really enjoyed that one. And I've been meaning to read Magic Under Glass sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge list of books you got there!

    Chloe Neill is going to be in Racine, WI at the Barnes and Noble on January 23rd. :) You can search it on their webpage. It's a Saturday so it may be doable for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got some awesome stuff!! Good for you! I just found your blog and I really like it. I also love your dog pictures - too cute! I'm going to school to be a librarian, and I noticed that is what you are. How cool. :) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you got so many amazing books! I think Once a Princess and Twice a Prince look really interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Dark Divine & Tattoo are amazing. Magic Under Glass, Captivate, A spy in the House, Firespell and Deadly Little secrets look amazing. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books you got this week. They all look really good especially The Dark Divine and Captivate. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm jealous! Thanks for stopping by yesterday! I'm reading Perfect Chemistry right now and I'm LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, what a lot of great books! Once a Princess was one of my favorite reads of 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Kate Brian did look cute, but I'm really jealous of the Erak's Ransom. I want that NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christopher Moore is great fun. He even came to our book group before a signing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved PERFECT CHEMISTRY! DEADLY LITTLE SECRET was good too. Good luck with you list!

    I came to vist your blog via MotherReader's challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just came over from Books at Midnight. Wow, all that in one week. Nice. You've got quite a variety there. The Prophecy of Sisters looks one I might read. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!