Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is from The Right Play by Jaci Burton. This is a contemporary romance with a professional athlete for a hero. Professional athletes are the 21st Century equivalent of the Regency Rake for me. I just love reading about both kinds of alpha males.

Teaser:
The last thing he wanted was to face the morning after and the possibility a woman would want a next day with him. He didn't do next days or next dates or next anythings with women.
I don't know about you but I am feeling that our hero has met his match this time and is just whistling in the dark.


14 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cover on this book. Hope you enjoy it. Here is my teaser: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The aftereffects of the soulgaze had finally begun to fade, and the simple shock and confusion began to give way to reduntdant terror. I hadn't been careful enough."- Death Masks (The Dresden Files book 4), Jim Butcher

    I hadn' thought of professional athletes that way, but you're right. Looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a "guy" thing! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. That definitely does sound like a thing a guy would say!

    Here's my teaser

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to many guys just aren't honest about that stuff!
    My teaser this week is from ‘A Marriage of the Heart’ by Kelly Long one of three novellas included in 'An Amish Love' anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess he's in for a rude shock! Nice teaser.
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! Smokin' hot cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I love romances with sports I may have to get this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, sounds like he has definitely met his match. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Typical.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is on my wishlist. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!