Sunday, December 29, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (Dec. 29, 2013)

Tynga of Team Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

Even being away from home doesn't stop me from getting new books. Most of these are additions to my Kindle.
Because I bought a science fiction book for my Kindle, Amazon said I could get another science fiction book for $.99. I chose Resurrection by Arwen Elys Dayton. I had never heard of it but couldn't pass up the deal.

Also this week Robin Hobb's dragon books for a daily deal. I already have book one for my Kindle but added Dragon Haven (Book 2) and City of Dragons (Book 3).
I read the first book in the Robin Paige Victorian mystery series and decided I needed to keep reading the series. I bought books 2-5 for my Kindle.
I have Grave Memory by Kalayna Price on my print TBR mountain but I decided I needed to have a Kindle copy too.

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon was a daily deal this past week. I have heard lots of things about this book and been curious. When it went I sale, I snapped up a copy.

Review
I got an email from NetGalley advertising Waking Up Pregnant by Mira Lyn Kelly as part of the Harlequin Kiss line. I liked the blurb and decided to add it to my review stack. 

Print Books

Finally, when I got home from Christmas vacation, these three books were in my mailbox. They complete my Fool's Gold collection.
Summer Days by Susan Mallery (Book 7)
Summer Nights by Susan Mallery (Book 8)
All Summer Long by Susan Mallery (Book 9)

I think it would be safe to say that my attempts to read down my TBR mountain in 2013 has been an epic fail. As in the case of Robin Paige, I read one and added 4 more. Even worse, I read one Fool's Gold novel which I actually had for review and ended up buying 13. Clearly, I am doing something wrong.

What did you add to your stack this week?

13 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I love Kalayna's books! Really looking forward to the long awaited fourth one which hopefully will come out next summer. Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those Kindle Daily Deals are dangerous, lol. I succumbed to quite a few last week.

    I also got the email for Waking Up Pregnant but the title turned me off and I didn't even read the blurb. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, enjoy the Robin Hobb books! I need to catch up with her last couple of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    "Resurrection" sounds like an interesting book. ( I had heard of it a while ago, but there was little information at the time).

    Since reading your post, I've put it on to my Wish List.

    Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! I need to start Robin Hobb's books soon. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grave Memory looks interesting! I need to branch out more....
    Beth @ Free Spirit Books
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have bone season too! looking forward to reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good looking books here. I have no idea if I'd like the books or not, but I really like the Robin Paige covers. Happy reading and a happy 2014 too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh my step-mom just told me I need to read Robin Hobb. Will look into those ones. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you got a nice haul this week!! I hope you enjoy your reads!!

    Happy New Year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I really, really want to read The Bone Season myself, have heard so many wonderful things. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!