Monday, October 10, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 10, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

This was mid-quarter week and Homecoming Week at school. The Elementary remained a relatively quiet oasis though. Our only disturbance was a fire drill on one of the nice, non-rainy days.

Thursday evening a friend and I drove up to the Twin Cities for the Fierce Reads Tour stop. I got to meet Caleb Roehrig, Emma Mills, Kami Garcia, and Marissa Meyer. I had read the the ARCs for the books by Roehrig and Garcia. So I bought finished copies to donate to my MS/HS Media Center. I bought Emma Mills book and will read it before I donate it. I had my copy of Cinder autographed. I also got all their signatures in my "authors I have met" book. It was a nice event but the pouring rain made the drive back home much more stressful than I like. 

Read Last Week
Venom & Vanilla by Shannon Mayer was my Kindle First book this month. It begins a new urban fantasy series which combines supernatural creatures and mythological gods and goddesses. I liked the heroine and enjoyed the story. My review will be posted on October 19.

Shadow of Victory by David Weber was the latest in his long-running Honor Harrington series (though she just makes a cameo in it.) It weaves a large number of plot threads all about the Mesan Alliance's plans to defeat Manticore and destabilize the Verge. My review will be posted on October 29.

Currently
I am currently about 40% finished with When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz which is her latest romantic suspense title. It will be released November 29 but I'm reading it out of order because I'm afraid the Adobe Digital Editions file will expire.

Next Week
Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Nov. 1)
Explosive Forces by D. D. Ayres (Nov. 1)

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Closer to the Chest by Mercedes Lackey (Kindle)
The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson (Print)
Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear (free from TOR for my Kindle)
Menagerie by Rachel Vincent (Kindle)

New for Review from Crooked Lane Books:
When She's Gone by Jane Palmer (Nov. 5)
Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase (Nov. 15)

Forgotten City by Carrie Smith (Dec. 13)
The Ripper's Shadow by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 10)

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

19 comments:

  1. I want to read When All the Girls Have Gone! Sounds so good...
    And anything with Jack the Ripper as its theme catches my eye. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a Jayne Ann Krentz book in awhile. This one looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When All The Girls Have Gone looks good! I have a lot of blogger friends loving romantic suspense lately! I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for When She's Gone! It looks like a great read. I can't resist cozy covers. That one looks fun, too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo I loved Menagerie! I hope you do as well.

    The Ripper's Shadow sounds good! Like Rita, anything Jack the Ripper gets my attention.

    Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo I loved Menagerie! I hope you do as well.

    The Ripper's Shadow sounds good! Like Rita, anything Jack the Ripper gets my attention.

    Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice! Loved Menagerie! Then again I love just about everything Rachel's written! Hope you're enjoying your current read and enjoy the rest of the week's reads too!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Sounds like I should check out Menagerie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Sounds like I should check out Menagerie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stack really piled up last week!

    The Fierce Reads event sounds fun.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cat Got Your Diamonds looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great that you got to meet several authors. Also love that you are going to donate the books you got. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your idea of a book to collect authors' signatures. I may have to start one myself. The Krentz book looks interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice mailbox. A heavy one as well. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a nice author visit. :-) You have several titles that are calling to me.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of books! I bet that Fierce Reads stop was great! That reminds me I still need to read Cinder - some day...

    ReplyDelete
  17. When She's Gone sounds interesting. So many books though where do you start?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so great about the meeting those authors although I'm sorry about the trip home! Menagerie looks great and is on my TBR but it's somewhere deep in the mountain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know Chelsea Quinn Yarbro had a new series. And it looks good too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!