Monday, October 3, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 3, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

I made a quick trip up to Duluth after work on Tuesday to attend the Celtic Thunder concert. It was excellent and well worth the drive. I came back home on Wednesday. While it was fun, it really cut into my reading time this week. It also doesn't help that the book I am currently reading has over 700 pages. 

When I got back, I had to catch up the The Voice episode I missed. This is also the last week of my Braves' Baseball season. I'm busy watching the last games of the year. My television viewing will be primarily The Voice from now until Spring. I haven't watched anything but that the things on the Food Network or HGTV in recent memory.

I did watch the Presidential Debates on Monday evening. Well, sort of... I would frequently turn off the sound and check to see what Twitter was excited about. I've already made up my mind about who I would prefer as President and nothing I heard or saw changed my mind. I really can't wait until this endless election season is finally over.

Read Last Week
Stealing Jason Wilde by Dee Ernst was a fun romance. I liked that the main characters were nearer to my age and dealing with problems suitable to their ages. My review will be posted sometime in December. Right now it is on the calendar for Dec. 7

Once a Gypsy by Dannica Winters was a disappointing fantasy from NetGalley. It was pitched as an urban fantasy but missed the mark there. It did have some fantasy elements but was more about a young woman who had to make some tough decisions about whether or not to follow the rules of her culture or follow her heart. My review will be posted on October 27.

Currently
I am currently reading Shadow of Victory by David Weber. This is the latest epic fantasy in a long-running series. At 768 pages, it is taking forever to read since it follows and interweaves multiple storylines.

Next Week
Next week brings more November 1 releases from my Review Stack.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
The Darwath Series by Barbara Hambly for my Kindle. I have the print books and have read this series a number of times. I can get rid of the print copies when I do my next book shelves purge which should be soon.

The Elizabeth Papers by Jenetta James is a book sent by the author for review. It was released this past June.
Venom & Vanilla by Shannon Mayer is my October Kindle First pick. It will be released Nov. 1.

When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz is her latest romantic suspense title. I got this one from Penguin's First to Read. It will be released Nov. 29.

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

17 comments:

  1. You have a lot of intriguing books here! When All The Girls Have Gone sounds most interesting to me.

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer about Once A Gypsy - I am always looking for a new series. :( I also have never read that Charlaine Harris series.

    I love HGTV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on the new Jayne Ann Krentz...it's bookmarked for me on Amazon.

    I enjoy Dee Ernst, and Stealing Jason Wilde piqued my interest even more when you mentioned older characters. I'm going over to find it now!

    Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a busy week! I love the cover for the Lure of the Moonflower. Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice week.

    I like The Lure of The Moonflower...I need to read a Lauren Willig book. The only one I read was when she collaborated with other authors on the book THE FORGOTTEN ROOM. Loved that book.

    The Elizabeth Papers looks good too and just not because that's my name. LOL!!

    Have a wonderful week. I hope school is good and your move to your new home is going well.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my eye on the JAK book too, I see one of our publishers here is putting it out I think in December so I am going to wait until there review list is published and then I will request it. That's the plan anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely want to read the JAK book. Those chunksters do cut down on the number of books getting read. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a good concert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a new follower, I am going to love this blog! I saw Celtic Thunder on PBS once upon a time. Best seats in the house. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a huge variety of books here. Fascinating!

    I'm sorry your move is going to worm in on your readathon fun. Perhaps if you were very, very quiet....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Elizabeth Papers looks great. I hope you enjoy it and all of your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Explosive Forces. It's the first book I'll have read in this series. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking books on your list this week. I have been eyeing the Krentz title. I'll have to check it out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great book haul- there a few in your pile that catch my eye mainly the Krentz one and Living Spectres. I do love a historical mystery.
    I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the Presidental debate too :-) We are find it very interesting in Australia! Have a lovely week!
    Amanda @ Mrs B's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Celtic Thunder though I've never seen them live.
    The Elizabeth Papers sounds like an interesting spin-off from Pride and Prejudice. I'm tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's too bad about Once A Gypsy! The new Krentz one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great week lined up. I want to watch the new season of the Voice but haven't managed to get it started yet! I'm very interested in this one though. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!