Monday, October 31, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 31, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

This was a quiet week as we are winding down the first quarter of the school year. Our girls' soccer team is playing in the State Semifinals on Monday which is bringing lots of excitement to the high school. Halloween always brings excitement to the elementary. Only the Kindergartners wear costumes. They parade around the school in the afternoon. The rest of the student body should be divided into black and orange for Halloween or maroon and gold to support our soccer girls.

I'll be busy catching up on my grading and working on report cards for my twelve classes of students.
Read Last Week

Nothing. It was a YA week.

Currently
  • Arena by Holly Jennings - science fiction from NetGalley; released in April
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
  • Death and Her Devotion by Kendra Elliot - Kindle book and novella length romantic suspense
  • Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton - the next Anita Blake for my Kindle
  • Cast in Flight by Michelle Sagara - a finished copy of a book I reviewed for my Kindle
  • Coffin Road by Peter May - hardcover for review; released Oct. 4 but I'll be reviewing it in December
  • Belle Chasse by Suzanne Johnson - hardcover review surprise from the publisher; releases Nov. 8; I'll be reading it this week
  • The Golden Gate by Robert Buettner - Kindle review book from Edelweiss; releases Jan. 3.
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

10 comments:

  1. Coffin Road was good. I need to get a review going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued with Coffin Road, it is on my Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice stack of tempting books. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and have a great week. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute that the kindergartners get to do a Halloween parade. For the past 2 years, my kids' school has not observed Halloween (last year, they were on a break. This year, they are just getting back from a break.) The kids are disappointed, but they make up for it when they get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I attended my daughter's Costume Parade last week. I hope you a great week and thanks for stopping by :)

    colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice! I remember in grade school we did the parade! I want to say it was the entire school too, 1-5! I thought it was a lot of fun! Even when you saw kids wearing the same costume too! Lol!

    Nice reads! Have to say that they are all new to me! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize you had 12 classes of students-that is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lone Wolf sounds good. The school across the street had a costume parade and I was fortunate to be outside to see how cute they all were. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got some great books in and that cover for Arena looks great. I hope you are enjoying it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so far behind on the Elantra series. I think the last one I read was #7.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!