Monday, October 24, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 24, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

I'm sitting here in my new living room looking around at empty and full boxes on a quiet Sunday morning. The bulk of the first half of our move is done. My brother still has quite a lot of things to move from the old house to the new house.

As I thought, he hadn't started packing anything. It took us a whole day to pack up his CDs, DVDs, and books and the movers were coming the next morning. My library will take at least that long and I'll be doing it alone. However, I do not tend to wait until the last minute to start. I plan to bring home empty boxes when I'm back in Duluth for Christmas so that I can start packing. At least now I know how much of my kitchen stuff will fit in our new kitchen. I do have furniture that will fill in some of the empty spaces in the new house.

The movers came bright and early Friday morning and were finished unloading and setting up everything they moved by 3:30. Bill and I returned to the old house on Saturday to pack up the kitchen. We also got most of it set up in the new house by bedtime on Saturday.

I need to head back home to go to school again on Monday. I'm telling him I'm sorry to leave him with so much left to do but I'm secretly grateful. I am so tired that going back to work sounds like a vacation to me. It is a little daunting that I will be doing the same thing next June.

I think I only read 2% of my current book since Wednesday morning. I'm looking forward to having more time to read once I get back home.

Read Last Week
Congress of Secrets by Stephanie Burgis was an interesting alternate history fantasy set during the Congress of Vienna. I liked the characters and thought it was engaging. My review will be posted on October 29.

When She's Gone by Jane Palmer was a fast-paced thriller with lots of twists and turns. My review ill be posted on November 5.

Currently
Arena by Holly Jennings is a near-future science fiction story.

Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Mary Russell's War by Laurie R. King is an anthology of stories set within her Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell series.

Review Books:
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the packing! I'm always surprised at how much stuff we have and how much work it is to pack it all.

    I hope you enjoy the Mary Russell stories. I've been meaning to start that series for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When She's Gone looks tempting.

    Wow, all that packing and moving; your move sounds especially complex. You're combining two households into one new place in a different location? Or did I get that wrong. lol.

    Enjoy your vacation at work....

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packing and moving and unpacking -- I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat Got Your Diamonds looks good.Sorry you were too busy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! Those are some new to me ones! Hope you have a great reading week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving can be so hectic, I hope it all goes well. Moving into a new house can be exciting! I think Arena looks good- like that tagline. I need some good SF.

    Hope your week ahead is a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the rest of your moving. It can be a tedious process at times, but just think of how good it all will be when it's done. Looks like you've got some interesting books lined up for the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the hard work will pay off. I can't imagine packing up my books, I'd stop too many time to open and read, to ponder how I felt about this book or that one. Good thing its not me! Have a great week and rest from the labor. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only book that I recognized was Cast in Flight! And it looks like you enjoyed it, yeah! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to unwind a bit this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the packing. I always start off with the best intentions and want to be so organised.... And then I'm left scrambling last minute. :( I know you will do better than that though!

    Lovely set of books in this week. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the tiresome move-- been there, done that, and wish you the best!

    I have the new Becky Masterman on my NG shelf, but it doesn't release for months :( I can't wait to read it. I'm pending for I See You right now, and hope to get it, and I do want A Study in Scarlet Women, since I love the era and setting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moving is never easy, but it is a good time for a sort out.
    Congress of Secrets looks good. Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fun list- I am interested to see those review titles coming up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!