Monday, October 17, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Oct. 17, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

Now that Homecoming is over, we are gearing up for Parent/Teacher/Student conferences. They are taking place Monday and Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday. We have Thursday and Friday off for the annual MEA Conference. Since I am part-time this year, I am not required to be at the Wednesday conferences.

I will be driving up to Duluth as soon as I get up Wednesday morning to get ready for our move. The moving van will be coming on Friday to bring all the big stuff. I know there will be a lot of packing and sorting to do as my brother and I decided what we want to move and what we want to sell.

I have some books listed but don't know if I'll have any time to read them. I think I'll be kept pretty busy packing, unpacking, and organizing the new house. Many of my recent additions will be released sooner than I would prefer. I have a few that I need to review before the end of the month or in early November. I may or may not make it. In any case, I have just about used all of the cushion I built during the summer.

Read Last Week
When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz. It is the latest contemporary romantic suspense title by this author who is one of my favorites. I enjoyed this one. My review will be posted on November 24.

Explosive Forces by D. D. Ayres was a contemporary romantic suspense title. I enjoyed it and found that it was a quick read. My review will be posted on November 2.

Living Spectres by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro is the second book featuring Chesterton Holte, Gentleman Haunt, and seems to be the second book in a trilogy. It was a slowly paced book filled with exhaustive detail about 1924. There was no resolution to the mystery begun in the first book. Nor was there resolution to the mystery begun in this book. Hopefully, book three will change that. My review will be posted on November 3.

Currently
Congress of Secrets by Stephanie Burgis is my latest Amazon Vine pick. It arrived this week and will be released November 1. This is a historical fantasy taking place in 1814 at the Congress of Vienna. I'm about half finished.

Next Week
Arena by Holly Jennings is my latest from NetGalley. This one was published last April but the sequel is coming out soon.

When She's Gone by Jane Palmer is also from NetGalley and will be released November 5.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
New Review Books
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

20 comments:

  1. Dang it! I meant to look for Chelsea Quinn Yarbro when I was at the library!

    May packing and unpacking go smoothly, leaving lots of time to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Explosive Forces and am looking forward to reading it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the moving. Hope you have time to squeeze in some reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move! I just moved earlier this year, and I know what a hardship it can be. Hope you get to put your feet up and relax with your reads. I like Jayne Ann Krentz and Wendy Corsi Staub too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had parent/teacher conferences last week. I hope you have a easy time of moving! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot of reading done despite being so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed Come and Find Me...and hope to get a copy of When All the Girls Have Gone. Good luck with the moving...and enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you will be too busy moving to worry about reading. That's okay. Once you get moved, you'll have time to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your move goes smoothly and you're able to squeeze in some reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope all goes well with your move! Exciting (and probably exhausting)time. Maybe you could listen while packing and unpacking.
    Lone Wolf caught my eye but you have lots of good choices. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember doing quite a double-take seeing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's name on the Moriarty novel - I haven't read it yet, but good for him at least for branching out and reinventing himself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember doing quite a double-take seeing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's name on the Moriarty novel - I haven't read it yet, but good for him at least for branching out and reinventing himself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of new to me titles - I really enjoyed your thoughts on IQ. Happy reading, I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congress of Secrets and When She's Gone have my interest. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes with the move and the unpacking. As a Teacher too I can sympathise with the Teacher/Parent/Student conferences you are undergoing this week - good luck :-)
    I would really love to read the Jayne Ann Krentz book, it looks like my kind of read.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier too, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best wishes with the move and the unpacking. As a Teacher too I can sympathise with the Teacher/Parent/Student conferences you are undergoing this week - good luck :-)
    I would really love to read the Jayne Ann Krentz book, it looks like my kind of read.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier too, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving that cover of When She's Gone!

    Wishing you all the best for your move - I hope it all works out and that you get some reading time you didn't expect ;)

    Di @ Book Reviews by Di

    ReplyDelete
  18. Arena sounds really good! I love dystopia. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate packing most; no, wait, I hate unpacking most. Come to think of it, I hate whichever I am currently doing most.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a busy time for you! Hope the move goes smoothly. :) I can sympathize about the NetGalley books... I just went on a bit of an ill-advised requesting spree myself. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!