Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Memes: Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The girl in the cell paced and paced, trying to ignore the new signals from her body.
Friday 56:
Abby changes my number periodically for security purposes. And, okay, because I keep trashing cell phones.
This week I am reading Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
If there is one city that Scarlett Bernard hates, it’s Las Vegas. But when the cardinal vampire of Los Angeles convinces her to go investigate a new vampire-themed stage show, Scarlett quickly finds herself shoulder-deep in sequins, slot machines, and Old World intrigue.

The show’s creators are vampire celebrities Arthur and Lucy Holmwood, who once inspired characters from the original Dracula. Now, however, they have no qualms about announcing their true status to the human world, endangering the secrecy of the Old World and Scarlett’s mission to keep it hidden.

But before she can begin untangling the Holmwoods’ motives, Scarlett also discovers that their new production has attracted more than just fans: Las Vegas’s many vampires are suddenly disappearing, and rumors are flying that actual vampire hunters may have followed Arthur and Lucy to town.

Now, without her allies, her bargest, or her frequent partner Jesse Cruz, Scarlett must navigate a new underworld of secrets and murders in a city where nothing is ever as it seems. And the stakes have never been higher.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds intense! I haven't read urban fantasy in a while, but I hope you are loving this one. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampires, Vegas, and a tough female protagonist....I'm in. This sounds awesome.

    My Friday 56 from Refuge For Masterminds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to dive into this book! Sounds so good! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read many books with vampires but I do like the sound of this one - especially the 56! The main character sounds pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like it is quite an interesting take on a vampire story. I hope that you enjoy it. Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Kathy! I just added this author's books to my TBR list, after reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll be putting this on my tbr! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!